Humboldt High School is a highly rated, public school located in Humboldt, IA. It has 463 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Humboldt High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A56 Students
- B-48 Students
- A40 Students
- B+36 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B9 Students
- B9 Students
- A8 Students
- C+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Humboldt High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Humboldt High School Reviews
The Humboldt High School is a very good school to go to. The faculty, facilities, academics, and activities are all exemplary. The staff throughout the entire school is supportive, wanting the best for each student and individual success. The facilities are great and always improving to better accommodate new activities, growth, and overall satisfaction. The school offers a wide range of classes anywhere from Agriculture to Art to Clothing construction. They also offer a variety of College Courses, AP classes, and college preparatory classes. Throughout the school there are also many extra curricular activities to get involved in. Sports teams are one example; many of the students stay involved on sporting teams. There is also a great music department. Clubs that the school offers range anywhere from Mock Trial to Spanish Club. Overall the school is very well rounded. It is in a nice town, with great people, and a great place to go.
Humboldt is a smaller but comfortable community. The smaller class size makes it easy for me to get to know the other people in my class as well as get help from any of my teachers in any subject. Humboldt offers a variety of classes as well as extracurricular activities from sports to music to theater as well! All of these extracurricular programs are well established and welcome any students who wish to participate. Overall this is a pretty nice school to attend!
I am so glad I went to Humboldt high school. It is the perfect size for classes. Not a huge school and not tiny either. You get close to your peers and teachers. There is a big emphasis on learning there. The only thing I would change in a better science department. Because I am going into a medical field I feel underprepared due to the science classes taught at Humboldt High School. I feel like some of the teachers don't actually want to be there. Some are phenomenal but for the majority of the others, they need to be replaced or redo their teaching methods.