Hugo High School is a public school located in Hugo, OK. It has 315 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+64 Students
- A60 Students
- A50 Students
- B40 Students
- B23 Students
- C21 Students
- C+21 Students
- B20 Students
- A+19 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Hugo High School Reviews
I attended Hugo High School for all four years. What I liked about the school was that because it was a small school, everyone knew each other. We were able to communicate with each and everyone when needed to come together to make a change or get something done. When you know majority of your school it really makes a difference. What I want to see change about the school is getting more involved in the classrooms, like more hands on learning. I suppose this generation is more likely to obtain & learn information by being able to interact physically and mentally. Overall, I loved the school!
My favorite experience is homecoming week! We have numerous competitions such as dress up days, boy cheerleading, and banner and float contests. All of the classes compete against each other! It's a great way to get everyone involved! Even the teachers participate in dress up days! If I had the change to do it all over I wouldn't! I love my school and all of the fun activities that we do! It's really special!
It was a positive experience. The school was and still is in the community and state of Hugo Oklahoma. Local students attend the school Monday through Thursday like other schools in the community do they have classes Monday through Thursday. The school of Hugo high school has been around for years. I have family members that attend the school of Hugo school. The experience they say they have with the school is somewhat positive. It is just a school none the less. I would most definitely let my children attend Hugo high school. In the far future if I still live in the area when I am older.