Hughson High School is an above average, public school located in Hughson, CA. It has 712 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Hughson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B87 Students
- C-45 Students
- A44 Students
- B40 Students
- B38 Students
- A+33 Students
- B+32 Students
- A+30 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Hughson High School
- BEscalon High School
- Escalon Unified School District, CA
- 133 reviews
- B-Denair High School
- Denair Unified School District, CA
- 59 reviews
- B+Fred C. Beyer High School
- Modesto City High School District, CA
- 249 reviews
- B-Ceres High School
- Ceres Unified School District, CA
- 216 reviews
Hughson High School Reviews
This high school was the smallest school I have ever seen, but I loved it that way! It made getting to know everyone easier! The sense of community was very big there! The teachers were not only passionate about what they taught but they were also really good at making the lessons interesting. I loved the variety of people and activities offered there. The experiences I had at Hughson High School are ones that I wouldn't trade for the world.
Attending Hughson High has been a great experience for me. I have not only received an great education, but also enjoyed playing sports and being apart of the music program. I have been able to take various AP classes to prepare me for college. The teachers are very caring and have given me what I need to advance my future. I do wish there were electives to choose from that revolve around engineeeing, however Hughson is a small town therefore I understand why these programs are not offered.
My high school experience was ok. The administration was not very supportive as far as school spirit and letting us kids be kids! Everything has too many rules!