Hughesville Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Hughesville, PA. It has 737 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Hughesville Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+39 Students
- B36 Students
- C+30 Students
- C+26 Students
- A20 Students
- B+16 Students
- B15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Hughesville Junior/Senior High School
- B+Montoursville Area Senior High School
- Montoursville Area School District, PA
- 88 reviews
- B-Montgomery Jr/Sr High School
- Montgomery Area School District, PA
- 87 reviews
- BMuncy Junior/Senior High School
- Muncy School District, PA
- 55 reviews
- A-Loyalsock Township Senior High School
- Loyalsock Township School District, PA
- 76 reviews
Hughesville Junior/Senior High School Reviews
There are plenty of extracurricular opportunities at Hughesville High School! There's SADD, which stands for Students Against Destructive Decisions. It's a club for students that want to get involved and prevent others from texting while driving, doing drugs, and making other bad decisions that could ruin lives. The student counsel is very good and available to all students in grades 9-12. The student officers are elected by members every year and they take great care to listen to everyones opinions. The Future Business Leaders of America club is also excellent. Our school usually has multiple members in FBLA make it to states and even regionals! There's plenty of other clubs including Archery club and Drama club.
The academics at Hughesville High School are excellent! There's a variety of classes so everyone can meet their wants. Our school offers Academic, Honors, and AP classes of most core classes (Math, English, ect.). The teachers are excellent and always try their best to make sure all of their students understand the material and succeed. The scheduling process is very simple. Towards the end of the school year students are called into the auditorium by grade to talk about the next school year. A list of classes are located on our iPads and students get to choose what they want. English, Math, Science, and a Social Studies class are mandatory along with gym and lunch, but students can decide if they want to take a bunch of electives or other addition core classes. The workload is pretty average, I never struggle to finish my homework even though I work.
Hughesville is where I began school in 7th grade after being in the Hughesville school district all of my life. There is nothing like the teachers there who are kind, helpful, and understanding. They help prepare you for college and help you with personal problems if you need them as well. I will always cherish my time at Hughesville and will never forget the journey along the way