Hughes Springs High School is an above average, public school located in Hughes Springs, TX. It has 340 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Hughes Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+27 Students
- C+22 Students
- B+22 Students
- A18 Students
- A+14 Students
- B14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+12 Students
- A-12 Students
- C12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Hughes Springs High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Hughes Springs High School
- BPewitt High School
- Pewitt Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 52 reviews
- B+Ore City High School
- Ore City Independent School District, TX
- 36 reviews
- BDaingerfield High School
- Daingerfield-Lone Star Independent School District, TX
- 34 reviews
- A-Chapel Hill High School
- Chapel Hill Independent School District (Mount Pleasant), TX
- 70 reviews
Hughes Springs High School Reviews
I started off as a nobody until I joined band and theatre. I eventually became a twirler and was the head twirler for my last two years of high school. I also became more known the last two years of high school because of theatre and my roles. Because of these extracurricular activities, mainly theatre, I became known and appreciated.
Some of the teachers are great...others don't engage students well, bully, play favorites (if you have the right name, money or play sports ((especially football)) then you will do fine. There is a teacher there, still employed, who bought alcohol and partied with students. The new superintendent decided that she wants certain teachers out so falsehoods, lies, and made up evidence is presented to the board. When all of this is proven untrue she tries to get their teaching certification pulled.
I am only staying in this school for like 1 academic year, and I feel like the people including both the staff and the students are all being nice. And also they do offer help for you.