Hueytown High School is a public school located in Hueytown, AL. It has 1,116 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Hueytown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A245 Students
- A211 Students
- B132 Students
- A126 Students
- B91 Students
- B89 Students
- B+80 Students
- B-79 Students
- A-78 Students
- C+76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Hueytown High School Reviews
Hey! I am a junior at Hueytown High School! I love this school! We are a very diverse high school and everyone seems to make an attempt to get alone! Unfortunately, school lunch, disgusting. The food itself could be better, like at other highschools, but our lunch ladies are very kind and caring. Administration is somewhat okay. People have school pride and have fun at our school. As a junior here, it is always a safe, fun, and great place to be.
Hueytown High School has potential. I was lucky to be able to be taught by my favorite teachers more than once. By having teachers that truly care about their students, a positive learning environment is created and students are able to thrive. However, it lacks an updated educational and technical environment. Compared to other schools/school systems, the school needs improvement in these areas.
The school has some advantages and disadvantages. One advantage of going to Hueytown High School is that the school has a lot of opportunity. I have been in the Jefferson county school system my whole life. Hueytown is one of the top rated schools in the school system we have good teachers and good staff that looks over the students. There are some disadvantages as well like most schools. Some of those are that we have to many students for the class rooms. We have about 25-32 students in one class to 1 teacher and that is academic classes like math, English, science , etc.. But over all it is not a bad public school there is somethings I would improve but that is not my decision to make.