Hudsonville High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hudsonville, MI. It has 1,370 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Hudsonville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+398 Students
- A250 Students
- B+150 Students
- B137 Students
- B135 Students
- A+132 Students
- C+129 Students
- A-123 Students
- A-99 Students
- C+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Hudsonville High School
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 261 reviews
- AJenison High School
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 218 reviews
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 214 reviews
- AByron Center High School
- Byron Center Public Schools, MI
- 289 reviews
Hudsonville High School Reviews
I enjoyed my time at Hudsonville High School. The teachers were kind and supporting. The guidance counselors would assist in any preparation needed for college, including scholarship opportunities and student loan availability. The culture of the school was focused on being friendly and supporting to all. Furthermore, despite the size, the staff would try to make every student feel special. I loved Hudsonville High School and would recommend it to anyone. Fire up, go Eagles!
Hudsonville High School is an excellent school. The School district as a whole has a great reputation! The high school has excellent instructors that set high expectations both academically, athletically and socially for students. I feel very prepared for college due to my education at HHS. The school offers many educational experiences with opportunities of advanced placement classes. The one disadvantage is that the district is growing so fast that many students, in my opinion, do not get the opportunity to participate especially in athletics unless they are a stellar athlete.
Hudsonville High has exponentially in the past 5-10 years. The district itself is in a great area that used to be farmland, but with the growing reputation of the area more families are moving in and creating more of a community atmosphere. The students grow up living quite close to each other, so there are always plenty of other kids and teens around to be friends with. The clubs are filled with passionate students and some, such as the robotics club, have worked with such tenacity as to have won in competitions across the nation. The sports teams are all very good and there are a wide variety of extremely competitive choices that students can participate in throughout the school year, most of the alumni from these teams end up going to university to play at the collegiate level. Overall HHS is a fantastic place to learn and grow and has the resources readily available for students to succeed.