Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Hudsonville High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hudsonville, MI. It has 1,378 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Hudsonville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+465 Students
- A298 Students
- B+179 Students
- B-177 Students
- B162 Students
- C+158 Students
- A-157 Students
- A+152 Students
- A-121 Students
- C+83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Hudsonville High School
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 270 reviews
- A-Jenison High School
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 230 reviews
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 223 reviews
- AByron Center High School
- Byron Center Public Schools, MI
- 297 reviews
Hudsonville High School Reviews
Hudsonville is a district that values greatness, and that is clear to anyone at the high school. The teachers are kind, caring, and truly interested in their students' lives and helping them in any way possible. The education you get at Hudsonville is excellent, and the students truly care about succeeding. The school is large, but students often know the names of everyone in their grade, and there is a definite sense of community. The special needs program is amazing, and the kids in the program are loved school-wide. There are dozens of unique classes available for students, such as leadership academy (where students win money to donate to charities) or LINKS (where students are assigned to individuals who struggle with some aspect of school and benefit from having a helper in their classes). While Hudsonville lacks diversity, with nearly every student being white and Christian, there are so many interesting people to be found around campus. I am proud to be a Hudsonville student!
I enjoyed my time at Hudsonville High School. The teachers were kind and supporting. The guidance counselors would assist in any preparation needed for college, including scholarship opportunities and student loan availability. The culture of the school was focused on being friendly and supporting to all. Furthermore, despite the size, the staff would try to make every student feel special. I loved Hudsonville High School and would recommend it to anyone. Fire up, go Eagles!
My overall experience at Hudsonville High School has been amazing. Of course this year there have been some major changes because of Covid-19, but HHS offers a variety of interesting classes, many AP classes, and many once and a life time opportunities. HHS has also helped me grow into who I am today. However, it is evident that there are students who are very discriminative to students of another race, or part of the LGBTQIA+ community, and certain staff members that do not care about this discrimination. I would like to see a change in this. Students should be taught empathy. To appreciate and love each other, no matter what you look like, who you love, and everything in between.