Hudson Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Hudson, NY. It has 731 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Hudson Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-26 Students
- B+16 Students
- A+14 Students
- B13 Students
- B+13 Students
- A12 Students
- C+12 Students
- A12 Students
- B-11 Students
- A11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Hudson Junior/Senior High School
- BCatskill Senior High School
- Catskill Central School District, NY
- 75 reviews
- BCairo-Durham High School
- Cairo-Durham Central School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- C+Taconic Hills Junior/Senior High School
- Taconic Hills Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
- BSaugerties Senior High School
- Saugerties Central School District, NY
- 119 reviews
Hudson Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Bullying is considered a very serious matter in this school environment and talking to counselors and the school psychologist is heavily encouraged. The counselors try their best to maintain a manageable and satisfying academic experience for all students. Security is not too prominent, but it is noticeable. I feel safe each day attending this school, and I do believe fear is not necessary as the school has a very safe environment.
The extracurricular activities offered are very dedicated and provide a fulfilling experience for participating students. Clubs include the Environmental Club, Mock Trial, Art Club, Student Council, and a few others. The teachers involved in these clubs are very dedicated and knowledgeable in the clubs they run or are involved in.
If you don't get along with someone, it's fine. Yet if you aren't confident, you tend to get bullied alot.