Hudson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lufkin, TX. It has 798 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Hudson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B128 Students
- A+89 Students
- B-83 Students
- A+82 Students
- A59 Students
- B+57 Students
- B+56 Students
- A-41 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Hudson High School
- BCentral High School
- Central Independent School District, TX
- 30 reviews
- B+Lufkin High School
- Lufkin Independent School District, TX
- 205 reviews
- C+Diboll High School
- Diboll Independent School District, TX
- 65 reviews
- B-Wells High School
- Wells Independent School District, TX
- 4 reviews
Hudson High School Reviews
I loved my high school and the many opportunities it gave me. I've always been a troublesome child. So I brought chaos everywhere I went, yet I moved here my freshmen year and I'm graduating a completely different person then I was 4 years ago when I moved here. The teachers are great, they really go the extra mile to teach you to the best of their ability. I love my principals, because they are very considerate of the students and their feelings. I'm going from being troubled and angry to being a nurse, and I want to thank Hudson for that!
My high school experience has been truly amazing. My teachers and fellow students have taught me many things that will carry on with me into my adult life. My favorite part about high school would have to be that our teachers give us the freedom and opportunities to become whoever we want to become. My high school teachers are some of the most supporting human beings that I know. They will always have your back one hundred percent of the time. The only thing that would like to see change is the way our policies are. In today's world, technology plays a major role in our everyday lives. Our district has a strict no cell phone policy which has been in tact for many years. If students were allowed to have their phones, I personally believe that we would get our work done much faster. I believe that we could accomplish more with the use of our phones and I also believe that students would become more interested in their work.
The school varies greatly as the authority, such as principals and varies other positions of authority change. Recently, the high school received a new superintendent and a new assistant principal. This change of power greatly changed the dynamic of the high school. It was much stricter with much less ability to express one's self.