Hudson High School is a top rated, public school located in Hudson, OH. It has 1,562 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Hudson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+292 Students
- B184 Students
- A-164 Students
- A145 Students
- A-125 Students
- A+108 Students
- A91 Students
- B-79 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Hudson High School
- A+Chagrin Falls High School
- Chagrin Falls Exempted Village School District, OH
- 169 reviews
- ABrecksville-Broadview Heights High School
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District, OH
- 307 reviews
- AKenston High School
- Kenston Local School District, OH
- 212 reviews
- AAurora High School
- Aurora City School District, OH
- 158 reviews
Hudson High School Reviews
I am always extremely grateful that I attended Hudson High School.Hudson is a step above the rest in almost every aspect. Education is the reason my parents moved here, as it gives a very rigorous yet supportive experience. Hudson is ranked one of the highest public schools in the region, state, and nation. It has a high graduation rate, average ACT, PSAT, SAT, GPA, and always has many National Merit Scholars every year (including myself). The student body is one that is proud of their home and school. Hudson also accelerates at sports, with many regional and state titles in all athletic departments. The teachers go above and beyond to give their students the best possible experience and gain personal relationships with them. Hudson is a predominantly white community, but one will rarely ever feel excluded or prejudiced. Facilities are well kept and are high quality both inside and out. Hudson City Schools are catered to give students an amazing foundation for the rest of their life.
Hudson High School provided a strong foundation for further academic achievement, with its incredible number of resources and selection of AP classes. Additionally, the extra-curricular activities offered were phenomenal and varied. However, this environment naturally brought about a competitive nature, as well as a focus on STEM and little to no prioritization of the humanities. Additionally, few of the students were aware of their religious, racial, and economic privilege. The school did little to fix these problems, but ultimately achieved its most important goal: a strong curricular education that prepared me well for a college course-load.
It is predominately White with a small percentage of Asians and a vast minority of African American and Hispanic ethnicities. There are many wonderful teachers here at Hudson. Of course there are those that are just average and even downright terrible. AP classes are normal here and students are expected to enroll in them and perform well on the AP tests. I have never been to a sports match here but I hear our football team isn't half bad. Speaking of football, our school spirit is quite lacking, at least during the school day. Student government here is a complete joke. They don't actually do anything except help with the red cross blood collection and decorate dances. Resources are good and sometimes used incorrectly. Does each and every student need a chromebook? no. Did we get them anyway? yes. Facilities are kept clean with our sweet and wonderful janitorial staff and the food is just your average school food. The lunch ladies are sweethearts though and do their best each day.