Hudson High School Reviews

Overall a good experience however I wish that there more learning opportunities. I also wish administration gave teachers better tools in order to help us succeed in the future.
I enjoy the atmosphere of Hudson High School as a whole but do not feel as if my ideas are represented enough. The faculty are amazing and so are the extra-curricular opportunities. However, when students feel there is an issue about something, we don't have a platform to speak about it. Administration makes decisions with their own personal interest rather than students' which is frustrating and difficult. I have attended school committee meetings, forums, and talked to administration directly but rarely get any attention.
I personally enjoyed my time at Hudson High. Overall, the administration has gone through some ups and downs lately and it was tough to really felt “seen” and have a personal connection with staff and administration due to this. We also lose a lot of kids to surrounding regional high schools, and I think HHS struggles a lot with this. A lot of (great) electives might be cut due to low class sizes.

The campus itself is pretty nice and well maintained and cleaned by awesome janitors, most of the teachers are great, food is ok, though there isn’t a big variety of activities and clubs after school. Most of it is focused on either drama, band, or sports, so if you don’t fit into those categories it might be tougher to find an active club or group where you belong, especially with such a cliquey student body.
Start Your Review of Hudson High School
Hudson High was overall a pretty good experience. It had its flaws here and there, but I got a quality education here.
It's a very simple high school, small, relatively quiet, and super safe. The teachers are very qualified and give exceptional help. There aren't any issues of bullying or safety concerns. However I wouldn't say there is anything that really makes it stand out. If anything, the only problem would be with the administration, and the difficulty students have trying to improve their school.
I love Hudson High School because the school community is very close and supportive of each other. Hudson High School provides a safe and supportive setting where all students are pushed to fulfill their academic potential. It is overall a great school. Socially, students learn to demonstrate respect for themselves and others, assume responsibility for their behavior and develop personal and social skills for life.
I loved that Hudson High School had teachers that were willing to put their time to make sure you succeed. If I was ever struggling with a unit, the teacher would always help me succeed and understand it. The teachers were also great people to talk to if you ever had a problem. I always had a teacher that I could trust to go talk to. Hudson High School also has a great group of students when it came to school activities and sports. I loved being apart of the soccer program and Jr Boosters Program. Never a dull moment at Hudson High School.
This school has many dedicated and caring teacher and as a whole the school focuses on academic achievement. There could be more variety in class options and more humanities focused classes, but overall it is pretty good.
At Hudson high school I experienced a wide variety of possibilities, and activities that allowed me to enjoy high school. As many seem to dwell about high school it’s self, I took my opportunity during the time period to learn more about myself. It was a growing period mentally and physically for me. Although high school was not the high light of my life, going through my parents divorce, or silly break ups, these times allowed me to become who I am today. Especially with the help of the people around me. I played soccer all years throughout my high school career, joining the varsity team my sophomore year allowed me to get a closer family feel towards around my teammates. They numbed my pain in a way of forgetting it, and focusing on myself to get better at the sport and enjoy the moment with them on and off the field. Which concludes my statement on how I rate my high school.
It was great to be apart of such a caring community. There are things that should be changed. its not 100% perfect because thats impossible. But I really enjoyed graduating with the people I did. the administration and teachers are so helpful with every thing.
the counselors on the other hand could really better help out the students in their time of need instead of shooing them away. we get that they are busy but sometimes we students need someone to talk to.
Hudson High offers you everything you need for a quality education and great high school experience. It is up to you to utilize what they have to offer and if you put in the effort you will succeed. The teachers are always there to help after school. Class spirit was very high. Overall it was a great experience.
I had a great high school experience with Hudson High School. It was overall pretty good. The only problems I had was with teachers and how they did not help as much as they say they will. Almost all other aspects of the school, I was happy with.
THE MAJORITY OF TEACHERS AT HUDSON HIGH SCHOOL WERE DEDICATED TO HELPING STUDENTS THRIVE BOTH IN AND OUT OF THE CLASSROOM. WHILE ACADEMICS AT THIS SCHOOL ARE ON THE MORE RIGOROUS SIDE, THERE ARE MANY PEER TUTORS AND TEACHERS WHO ARE EAGER TO HELP. THE SCHOOL ITSELF IS BEAUTIFUL; CLEAN, OPEN, AND LOTS OF NATURAL LIGHT FROM BIG WINDOWS. THE ADMINISTRATION COULD CHANGE FOR THE BETTER BY BEING MORE POSITIVELY INVOLVED WITH STUDENTS, RATHER THAN STRICTLY INTERACTING FOR DISCIPLINARY PURPOSES. OVERALL, I ENJOYED HUDSON HIGH, ACADEMICALLY AND SOCIALLY, AND IT PREPARED ME WELL FOR COLLEGE.
Hudson High School was overall a good school. A lot of the primary focuses were preparing students for college by giving them practice SAT's, a variety of advanced placement course, and the guidance department would come and work one on one with students a lot to help them through any obstacles that may be in their way. I tried to be as involved in the school as I could by taking advantage of some of the sports teams and clubs that were offered include yearbook committee, and spirit committee, as well as participating in volleyball. I had a good experience at this school and I am grateful I was lucky enough to get such a good education. If I had to change anything about Hudson High School, I would suggest a study period to help those students who may be falling behind in their work to be able to catch up, since the school did not offer any free period like such.
Hudson high school is a good place to get an education. I would like to see more socialization (less cliques), better sport coaches, and better school guidance counselors.
I love how hudson high school has a good choice of classes, but i’d like it if there were more clubs. The spirit of the town, to a certain extent, is good, but i think it could be better. Everything is nice, but the teachers are a little out there. They do not appreciate the students and some do not encourage, which is not a good thing. It discourages me from participating.
I like the amount of diversity in elective classes but I wish there was more flexibility in core classes. There is no variety in offered English or History classes for the first two years and minimal options after that. I would also like to see more languages offered since there are only two: Spanish and Portuguese.
Start Your Review of Hudson High School
Hudson High really does strive to make sure all of the students feel comfortable and tries to engage them in the other aspects of school and not just the academics. The drama program here is truly amazing and includes many different styles including straight plays as well as musicals. The sports teams are not great and not very competitive, but there are many sports to be able to choose from and participate in. The coaches are also very flexible and allow you to double dip in sports and clubs. The normal classes are not too difficult, but if you want to make your schedule more rigorous, there are plenty of classes you can take to have more of a challenge. The teachers are generally very willing to stay after and help you to make sure you understand a concept, but like in all schools there are a few that explain a topic once and then expect you to test out of it the next day. Overall it is a pretty great school that I can honestly say I look forward to going back to in the fall.
There are a lot of great teachers but for the most part Hudson isn't a great place to send your kids. Administration does not care about their students and often students that need help are punished and ignored. The resources and food are sub par and the athletics department is super overhyped while the arts are mostly ignored. Hudson likes to pride themselves on their anti bullying policies, but they usually fail to apply them. Just graduated and happy to never have to go back there again. I'm doing great and going to my top school on a good scholarship, but only because I spent hours teaching myself content outside of school and looking into my future options myself, not because teachers or guidance helped me.
As a transfer student to Hudson High School my experience was not so great. The teachers and counselors are dedicated to their students well-being, however, the students were harsh and judgmental. Overall, the environment was not friendly.