Howards Grove High School is an above average, public school located in Howards Grove, WI. It has 266 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Howards Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+23 Students
- B11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-9 Students
- B8 Students
- B+7 Students
- A-7 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Howards Grove High School
- A-Plymouth High School
- Plymouth Joint School District, WI
- 104 reviews
- A-Oostburg High School
- Oostburg School District, WI
- 88 reviews
- BNew Holstein High School
- New Holstein School District, WI
- 26 reviews
- BElkhart Lake-Glenbeulah High School
- Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah School District, WI
- 45 reviews
Howards Grove High School Reviews
My experience at Howards Grove High School has been great. The past year I had the opportunity to start taking classes at Lakeland University. I love that you know everyone. Recently the high school added a new auditorium onto our school. I like how our small division four school has grown the past four years I have attended this school. The past three years we had upgraded to new food service, we built in a school store, invested into hp streams for all the kids to use, bought all new tables for the lunch room, and renewed our library with new furniture and innovation room where groups can work. Our school is academically active with our grades. Our principal checks every student's grades for F's. If they have an F they will go to a study table to bump that grade back up. I love how Howards Grove High School has been constantly making changes for mine and other students academic career enhance.
The teachers at Howards Grove High School have all been extremely helpful for all of the students futures. The best part about the staff at Howards Grove is that they are all super engaging and want to learn about each and every one of their students. They are always there to listen if you would be having a bad day, or need extra help on your homework. Mostly, they all respond to emails very quick and never fail to give you the advice that you need. Since it is such a small school, it allows the teachers to become this involved with all of their students and for me, that has been the biggest positive of attending Howards Grove High School.
I would choose this school if I had to do it all over again for a number of different reasons. The main reason is the communication aspect of it. You do not feel weird to go up and talk to a teacher, even if it is something regarding a topic outside of school. In addition, when you're outside of the school and in the community, it is not uncommon to stop in the grocery store for ten minutes and catch up with your teachers. The involvement of the teachers in the students life makes it a great environment throughout the community.