Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Howards Grove High School is an above average, public school located in Howards Grove, WI. It has 281 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Howards Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+32 Students
- B-25 Students
- B22 Students
- B20 Students
- A-19 Students
- B17 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-13 Students
- B12 Students
- B+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responses
- Pause for cause20%
- Pink Out12%
- Pep rallies8%
- Spirit Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Howards Grove High School
- A-Plymouth High School
- Plymouth Joint School District, WI
- 111 reviews
- A-Oostburg High School
- Oostburg School District, WI
- 96 reviews
- BNew Holstein High School
- New Holstein School District, WI
- 26 reviews
- B+Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah High School
- Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah School District, WI
- 47 reviews
Howards Grove High School Reviews
I have attended the last 3 years at Howards Grove High school. It is great compared to other schools if you are looking for an easier time getting help with your classes. Instead of cramming 8 different classes together into a day they only do 4 a day. This makes each class longer for more time with the teacher or doing homework. Longer class time makes it easier for student-athletes so they don't have the stress of homework after their practice or games. I have attended both an 8 hour class day and this 4-day block schedule and would recommend this to anyone!
Most of the teachers here are amazing. They'll take time out of their days to help you with anything, even if it's not related to their class or school. They truly care about you and your education. Some teachers do not do this, but the ones that do make going here completely worth it. One thing I would change is the scheduling. This year we changed to an AB schedule, meaning we have 8 classes a semester (or a year) and they switch off daily. I much rather prefer block scheduling because the teachers are giving out hours of homework every day without realizing that we're also getting a huge workload from our other classes. However, the staff and students are generally positive and nice here. I appreciate what this school has done for me, and with only a couple small tweaks, this would be a perfect school.
Overall, Howards Grove High School was a great school for me to attend. Throughout my four years of education I had the opportunity to be involved in sports, clubs, honors, and extra curricular activities while holding a 3.7 GPA. I was in Student Council and I was also enrolled in National Honors Society. There are more clubs offered that I did not take part in; however, I know multiple students enjoyed these clubs. The sports at this school has held a big impact on my life. I learned many life skills and morals from them. I was fortunate to be apart of a State Volleyball Championship, and the support that the school brought was unreal. We had sold the most pre tickets than all the other teams in division four. This support would not come from our community without our Howards Grove School District's environment and culture. The school, staff, and community will forever hold a special spot in my heart, and I can not thank them enough for all of their help they have given me.