Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (HLWW) High School is an above average, public school located in Howard Lake, MN. It has 293 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
8700 County Road 6 SW
Howard Lake, MN 55349
Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (HLWW) High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B17 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+13 Students
- A+13 Students
- B+11 Students
- A10 Students
- B10 Students
- C+10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (HLWW) High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (HLWW) High School
- BWatertown Mayer High School
- Watertown-Mayer Public School District, MN
- 37 reviews
- B-Dassel-Cokato Senior High School
- Dassel-Cokato Public School District, MN
- 124 reviews
- BAnnandale Senior High School
- Annandale Public School District, MN
- 66 reviews
- B+Maple Lake Secondary School
- Maple Lake Public School District, MN
- 40 reviews
Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (HLWW) High School Reviews
At Hlww, I would love to see many more classes available to students every year. I want to see different language options besides Spanish, more honors, AP and CIS classes offered and PSEO supported. In this school, it always feels like they are holding students back from their full potential. I had an extremely smart friend who was pushing to take a higher math class because her current class was too easy and bored her. She kept pushing for it and the only reason she got to take a higher math class is that there was a new student from another school that came and was already enrolled in the more advanced class. This incident has proven that our school is not letting students reach their full potential. I am hoping that something will change and students will be able to accelerate at their own pace.
What I really like about my school is that everyone knows everyone. Some people think that going to a small school isn't very fun, but I like the fact that I know almost every person's name. Another thing I like is that everyone gets along. We don't have any big bullying problems and everyone is genuinely nice to everyone else. I also really love my teachers. They all put in a lot of effort and I really feel like I'm learning something.
I like the teachers and the after school activities that are offered here. I have been in this district for pretty much my whole life and I played volleyball from about 4th grade up until 9th grade. I love volleyball but I wanted to try other activities, so I didn't continue volleyball the following years. I joined FFA in 9th grade, still in FFA, but I am also in student council. I am a peer tour for math. I would go back to this school to do all over again because the teachers support you and try to help you. There isn't that many students so its a fairly small high school. The middle school is attached to the high school as well. There is plenty of activities to do beside you acdemic life at HLWW high school.