Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Howard High School is an above average, public school located in Macon, GA. It has 1,200 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Howard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B217 Students
- A+207 Students
- B+181 Students
- B+173 Students
- C+132 Students
- B125 Students
- B107 Students
- NG92 Students
- C87 Students
- A+86 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Howard High School Reviews
My overall experience at Howard High School was a great experience. All the teachers I came in contact with were exceptional! They make sure you always push yourself to be the best you can be. The slogan, "Pride, Achievement, Character, and Keeping It Positive," is a quote that definitely holds merit in the day-to-day affairs at Howard High School. The thing I appreciated the most at my high school was the assigned workload and increasingly self-paced assignments to help cultivate a strong work ethic in students . If it was not for these challenges, I would not be the hardworking individual I am today. There are many many more ways Howard High School has helped shaped our future, knowledge, and our identity. I am proud to call myself a Howard High School Alumni!
I met some great teachers and friends at Howard High School. There are ample opportunities for club participation and connections for scholarships and programs. However, the environment was very dull and uninspiring. Most teachers act like they hate their jobs, there is a incoming influx of misbehaved students, the fine arts program is on a downward spiral, and there is a lack of respect from teachers and students alike. Overall, in comparison to other Bibb county high schools, Howard is a good school. However, my experience was not all that great. Still, I’m glad I went because I don’t think I’d have to the same opportunities and advantages anywhere else.
The students and staff are exceptional and amazing! The only thing I disliked was the 10/10 rule, locked bathrooms, and the numerous fights we've had throughout the school year which is why I gave it a 4 star.