Houston High School is a public school located in Houston, MS. It has 461 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Houston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B68 Students
- A64 Students
- A-57 Students
- A-28 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Houston High School Reviews
Houston High School might not appeal to many because of the size, but that what made it special to me. Whenever you need anything there wasn't a teacher or student that wouldn't help. The school has many activities to get the students involved within the school and/or community. Overall Houston High School, the teachers, my peers, and the organization I was in have gave me an good jumpstart for the "real world".
My experience at Houston High School has been okay so far. It just happened to be a small school that offers a small amount of things for students to do. However, the teachers and staff are friendly and are open to helping students that are in need of their services. They offer organizations such as Beta club, Anchor club, Archery, FFA, Solar Car, DECA, HOSA, French Honor society, Band, Choir, and FCA. I am in a some of these organizations and as a student we tend to become very involved in activities the school sponsors. I have made many friends at this school and hope to make more through the involvement that I am in throughout my last school year.
I love the way the teachers wants to help you learn. There's a lot of students within the school who always says they're going to drop out, but the teachers aren't having that. We learn on a higher education. Within some classes, we seem to go outside the box and explore more.