Houston High School
- HOUSTON, MO
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Houston High School is a public school located in HOUSTON, MO. It has 345 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Houston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B52 Students
- grade C+40 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade C23 Students
- grade A minus22 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B+18 Students
- grade A minus16 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Houston High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade C minus
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Battle of the Classes50%
- Football games25%
- Band concerts13%
- Pep Rally13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,332 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Houston High School Reviews
Rating 2.89 out of 5 37 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Houston R-1 School District is one that I will always remember. The teachers care about their students and want to educate them to the best of their abilities. They have been working hard on improving the facilities and getting us opportunities that we would not have gotten on our own. Overall, it is a pretty good school. The one thing I would change is that we do not have many foreign language opportunities to branch out and learn.
I have gone to Houston High School for 3 years now and I have always been able to get good help from teachers! All clubs and other activities are very willing to work with each other and around your schedule to make sure you are able to be apart of everything you would like to be. Diversity is low, but that is partly because it is such a small school and town. One this that could be improved upon is to offer more AP and Dual Credit classes. Another improvement might be offer more college prep classes other than just English. Overall, for as small of a town as Houston is it is a pretty decent school and I have never had any major issues with any of the teachers or administration.
My High School has the most caring teachers and school board! I love the small town atmosphere and the fact everyone knows each other.