Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Houston High School is a public school located in Houston, MO. It has 335 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B49 Students
- C+39 Students
- A-28 Students
- B23 Students
- A-22 Students
- C22 Students
- B-20 Students
- C15 Students
- C+15 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Houston High School Reviews
I have gone to Houston High School for 3 years now and I have always been able to get good help from teachers! All clubs and other activities are very willing to work with each other and around your schedule to make sure you are able to be apart of everything you would like to be. Diversity is low, but that is partly because it is such a small school and town. One this that could be improved upon is to offer more AP and Dual Credit classes. Another improvement might be offer more college prep classes other than just English. Overall, for as small of a town as Houston is it is a pretty decent school and I have never had any major issues with any of the teachers or administration.
My High School has the most caring teachers and school board! I love the small town atmosphere and the fact everyone knows each other.
I like the school. And the teachers areally extremely nice. However, I am a transfer student from California and they won't give me all of the credits that I have earned making me credit deficit.