Houston Christian High School engages students to become impactful leaders through an empowering, dynamic education within a spiritual worldview. Houston Christian is an independent, nonprofit, coed day school accredited by Independent Schools Association of the Southwest and serves nearly 500 students in ninth through twelfth grades.
Our method of encouraging student inquiry has produced National Merit Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, perfect SAT and ACT scores, an average of $7 million per year offered in college scholarships, and graduates who attend the most esteemed universities in the country.
Houston Christian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+78 Students
- A74 Students
- A+63 Students
- A44 Students
- A-35 Students
- A34 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+18 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesB-
Houston Christian High School Reviews
The school is very conservatively biased. I had one bible teacher give me a low grade on an opinion paper because he "disagreed with my stance on the thesis". Not to mention that HC enforces a very narrow-minded view of Christianity through curriculum and its selection of chapel speakers. These administrative decisions created an environment of students who were unable to listen or accept differing opinions–especially opinions of liberal value. Several liberal students (including myself) were shunned and bullied by our peers and teachers (through class discussion) because of our beliefs. We repeatedly complained to the administration about this, and each time we were ignored.