Hot Springs High School is a public school located in Hot Springs, SD. It has 276 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Hot Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B48 Students
- B+38 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-31 Students
- A-24 Students
- B22 Students
- A-20 Students
- B17 Students
- A+17 Students
- A-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Hot Springs High School Reviews
It's a good school i have had some fantastic teachers and some poor ones. I've had teachers help me with subjects I struggle with. Classroom sizes are nice and I've made good friends throughout highschool. The lunch hour is a short thirty minutes and the food isn't the best so i pack a lunch. I know everybody in my grade because it's a small school. The buildings are nice and they have a library.
I grew up in this town, my sister graduated from here as well, and neither of s have had a great experience with students, teachers, or academics. most of the teachers employed here are really good people, but are horrible educators, some are great people as well as great educators, and of course only a few are terrible at both. its mostly the terrible educators and great people though that make up the staff here at HSHS. the student body has never been extremely supportive of each other and there is a lot of hatred between everyone. its overall just not a great environment and i'm truthfully ready to leave and move on to new adventures.
Hot Springs High School is not a bad school. However, the academics and sports programs are not good. For academics we have uneducated teachers who don't enforce work on their students. Also, the AP classes taught at the high school are a joke. I feel like the teachers aren't teaching valuable information that will prepare students for college. The sports at the school are not very good as well. It seems like the most popular sports are well funded while other sports get very little. The coaches at this school aren't very good, but they do give it their best. The fact that the coaches connect with their athletes make the sports at this school fun.