Hot Springs High School is a public school located in Hot Springs, MT. It has 66 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1.
Hot Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+15 Students
- B-15 Students
- B-10 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B+6 Students
- C+6 Students
- B-6 Students
- A+4 Students
- A+3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Hot Springs High School Reviews
We do not have all that many extracurricular activities. I can think of 5 off the top of my head. Family Career and Community Leaders of America ( FCCLA, Jobs for Montana Graduates (JMG) and Native American club, Sportsman's Club, and National Honors Society. We did receive a grant to fund more activities after school and so we may have the opportunity to get involved in more. We have no music program and I hate that. This means no choir, band, and an orchestra or symphony definitely out of the question!
Hot Springs High School has a variety of sports. There is Football, Volleyball, Basket Ball, Cross Country, and Track and Field. More than half of the High School is involved with the sports. Everyone is excited when the sporting season takes place. Track and Field is starting this upcoming Monday, and the students here cannot wait. They are a very athletic bunch of people. With having them all live on farms and ranches, they are well built and they do well with the athletics. The athletics work well with each other. They will help the students that is struggling with an event, and that’s what makes the team performance a great aspect. The fan support is amazing. The gyms or the field are filled with the whole community of Hot Springs goes and watched the athletes. They enjoy watching them and are very proud of the Hot Springs athletes. The school spirit is spread everywhere. When there is a game, all you see is red and black (which are our school colors). I see the students’ and community members all supporting the athletes. I think it is so great! This football season, we won the Western C State Championship, and at the Championship game, there were over 2,000 people that came to supports our football players. The coaches at Hot Springs High School are very willing to help their athletes. They care for them and they treat each other like family. All in all, the sports at Hot Springs are amazing, and everyone enjoys them.
Hot Springs High School is a top notch school for a small town. There are about 60 students from 9th grade to 12th grade. Everybody knows everybody and we aren’t shy to go and talk to one another. Instead of having all the small cliques, there is just one big group of people that hang out and have fun together. The students get along with the teachers very well, and there is always a one on one talk with teachers and students. Hot Springs High School has a few clubs that the students are eager to join, whether they are sports or just extracurricular activities. There is no bullying at Hot Springs High School, because we are all basically family. There is a low rate of peer pressure. It is always in a joking matter, because everybody cares for everybody. We are always accepting new students! When I was talking to a new student that came this year, she said that she couldn’t believe that our school was so accepting and she felt like she fit in the very first day of school. Our high school has a higher population of white kids, but there are a few Native American and African American. We accept each other and the race don’t matter at Hot Springs High School. The boys and girls all hang out together, so there are no groups that form, we all care for each other and that’s all the matters.