Hot Springs High School is a public school located in Hot Springs, AR. It has 925 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Hot Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B104 Students
- B-98 Students
- C+90 Students
- A90 Students
- B-87 Students
- B56 Students
- B48 Students
- A-35 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Hot Springs High School
- NGSummit School
- Hot Springs School District, AR
- B-Malvern High School
- Malvern School District, AR
- 91 reviews
- BFountain Lake Charter High School
- Fountain Lake School District, AR
- 110 reviews
- B-Cutter-Morning Star High School
- Cutter-Morning Star School District, AR
- 36 reviews
Hot Springs High School Reviews
I really liked that this school was a diverse place not just in race and culture, but in opportunities. For the academically driven students, there were plenty of options and rigorous courses. For those looking for vocational knowledge and experience, there was an academic path that connected to the local community college where students could go learn a trade skill that would help find a niche in the workforce. Things that I didn't like where minute things like rowdy students and inefficiency when it came to disciplinary actions in certain situations but overall it is a good school and I entered college prepared and ready to continue my academic career.
My experience of High School has been full of ups and downs, success and failure and there's always been a strong support system. Between my teachers and my coaches I have observed various ways of thinking when it comes to completing tasks. I used to procrastinate on getting my work done on time and efficiently but now I always try to finish my work during school so I won't have a crammed schedule after school or on weekends. If you would ask my teachers what was the biggest change they've seen by me I think it would be how I have matured and my effort to maintain good grades.
Hot Springs High from the community's aspect view us students as radical deliquents. But as a student taking college level classes with a minimum 3.5 g.p.a each semester and a student yet to receive any disciplinary action, I beg to differ. This high school is diverse in language, culture,income and color yet bullying is at an all time low.We have numerous clubs and organisations in which your position can elevate and empower students to become young adult with a voice.We have teachers willing to use their breaks to provide assistance to students. Hot Springs High is where there is equality in the education and social aspect, Martin Luther King jr.'s American Dream and here I get a chance to live it everyday.The only thing I would change is the epidemics that impacts schools worldwide which is teen-pregnancy and drugs. It would be greatly beneficial if we make our student body aware of issues about them and also propose solutions.