Hortonville High School is an above average, public school located in Hortonville, WI. It has 1,088 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Hortonville High School Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+125 Students
- B+78 Students
- B78 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+63 Students
- B+48 Students
- B+43 Students
- A-38 Students
- A-36 Students
- B-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Hortonville High School
- B+Winneconne High School
- Winneconne Community School District, WI
- 37 reviews
- B+Freedom High School
- Freedom Area School District, WI
- 82 reviews
- B-New London High School
- New London School District, WI
- 66 reviews
- B+East High School
- Appleton Area School District, WI
- 150 reviews
Hortonville High School Reviews
Have had good experiences, most teachers are good! Most classes are helpful, but some seem lacking in content. Mr. Stormer and Mr. Rhines are great english teachers and Mr. Shelton is an awesome science teacher. All of the tech ed teachers, Mrs. Breaker, Mr. Radtke, Mr. Dusek and Mr. Lebeck are all fantastic and willing to help.
I find that HHS is an okay place. I feel average when I am there. The teachers preform well but, adminstration is very restricting. They are very strict on rules but, not very accurate on emforcing them constantly. Another thing is standards-based grading. Typically, I think it would be easy and best for students and teachers but, they never explain it very well. It is also highly confusing when the teacher is constantly changing their standards. Just when you think you get it, standards change.
The administration is becoming less connected with the student body, which makes a disparity in communication. I do get good academics as of right now but they are cutting a lot of the course options for next year. They are aiming to start using Standards based grading for all classes including AP, so both students and faculty aren't pleased with that. We do have the best world languages teacher out of the 14 central states in our Spanish department which is really important to me because I want to at least minor in Spanish, and I love being pushed to my limits by my teachers.