Horseshoe Bend Middle/Senior High School is a public school located in Horseshoe Bend, ID. It has 139 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Horseshoe Bend Middle/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B26 Students
- A-26 Students
- C16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+9 Students
- C+9 Students
- A+8 Students
- B-7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Horseshoe Bend Middle/Senior High School Reviews
With only 70 students in the entire high school, Horseshoe Bend has a very small town feel. The town itself is set into a small valley and is surrounded by the beautiful Payette River. Some benefits of going to HSB are that you know everyone in the school and can make many friends very quickly, can be more effective in making a change or being heard than in a larger school, and have more one on one time with your teachers. Sports are a huge part of the culture, and it is very easy to become involved with them. However, a downside to HSB is that everyone knows everything about everyone else; privacy is very hard to achieve. There also aren't as many opportunities for students in areas such as clubs and activities or through academic means. Overall, however, I feel like Horseshoe Bend is a safe place with a very low bullying record, and although the school may not be exposed to as many opportunities as a bigger school would, the school culture is very positive and family-like!
The teachers at Horseshoe Bend High all have very different teaching styles, but I think that benefits the students. They are very good at communicating about grades, assignments, and projects. They also have a very good understanding of what they are teaching and teach it well.
I have had a very great experience at this school. My favorite experiences to come from this school are the sporting events, they are always really wild and fun. I would choose this school again if I could do it all over again because I have enjoyed my years here and being in a small school has provided me with a large support system.