Horseheads Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Horseheads, NY. It has 1,316 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Horseheads Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-98 Students
- A65 Students
- A59 Students
- A+46 Students
- B+45 Students
- B37 Students
- A+34 Students
- A33 Students
- B31 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Horseheads Senior High School
- A-Corning-Painted Post High School
- Corning City School District, NY
- 86 reviews
- BThomas A. Edison High School
- Elmira Heights Central School District, NY
- 39 reviews
- B-Spencer-Van Etten High School
- Spencer-Van Etten Central School District, NY
- 81 reviews
- BWatkins Glen Central High School
- Watkins Glen Central School District, NY
- 48 reviews
Horseheads Senior High School Reviews
Horseheads High School offers incredible resources to achieve all academic and life success. The teachers there would not only like to help you pass their classes, but they want to see you achieve above and beyond everything you want in life. They will do anything to help you out academically, and are there for you personally if you need them. This high school also offers a wide variety of clubs, and sports teams. They have been ranked highly for school spirit as well, and everyone who graduates knows that once you're a Blue Raider, you are always a Blue Raider!
This is a place where you will find good, dedicated teachers who want to make your tax dollars worth it. In my experience, they will reach out to you and provide any extra resources required to either understand the material or get a student caught up after an absence. In this school, you are allowed to visit teachers for help during lunch periods, but if you decide not to take lunch in your schedule, you can always arrange an after school study session or attend review classes that are held for all subjects at the end of each semester. The school certainly is not stellar, but it is the best in its area and strives to guide its attendees in the right direction for the future.
I went to HHS for three years, and my overall experience was pretty good. It's an average school, for the most part. Even though Horseheads is the best district in the area, there are some students that really don't care about their academics. There has been recent intervention by administration to stop bullying in the school, and the building is undergoing renovation as part of a Horseheads 2020 project. There aren't many AP classes available; instead, the school offers dual enrollment classes that aren't accepted by all colleges. Horseheads has good teachers, a sometimes helpful guidance department, and a strong focus on the arts and sports.