Hornell Senior High School is a public school located in Hornell, NY. It has 538 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Hornell Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B17 Students
- B16 Students
- B-10 Students
- B8 Students
- B7 Students
- A-6 Students
- B+6 Students
- A-5 Students
- B-5 Students
- B+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Hornell Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Hornell Senior High School
- B-Haverling Senior High School
- Bath Central School District, NY
- 34 reviews
- C+Dansville High School
- Dansville Central School District, NY
- 79 reviews
- B-Avoca Central School
- Avoca Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 35 reviews
- C+Arkport Central School
- Arkport Central School District, NY
- 23 reviews
Hornell Senior High School Reviews
Many teachers at my school are committed to their students.Many stay beyond the time they have to after school or are available before school starts. Many teachers who teach AP classes will teach and grade assignments like how it will be in college. One subject in particular; AP Comparative Government and Politics, the tests are all AP style questions that prepared students for the AP exam. AP Literature and Composition is set up as a "discussion" type of setting, where students can openly ask questions with the teacher and to each other.
Many of the teachers here stay longer than they need to and out in more effort than they are required to. they are genuinely concerned with how we are doing with us. Not only that but they actually take the time to get to know the students and establish a relationship with them. They may be worried about their test scores but over all they want us to succeed more than anything. We have had to deal with some budget cuts but the teachers make do and teach to the best of their ability. all of the one that i've had were engaging and applied real world applications to every lesson.
This school is very nice and I have enjoyed attending so far. I do wish a few things were different like educational funds being used appropriately and fairly. Football and the boys locker room seems to be this school's top priority. Art and band education is underfunded and getting books for 11th grade government was a struggle this year and funds had to be borrowed from student government.