Horace Mann School is a coeducational, college preparatory independent day school for students from Nursery - Grade 12. HM seeks to stretch the imagination, intellect, and perception of its students while developing the moral characteristics that impart identity and purpose. In addition to its campuses in Manhattan and the Bronx, NY, the School also owns the John Dorr Nature Laboratory, an outdoor education facility in Washington, CT. The School enrolls 1,790 students representing 155 ZIP codes, with 40% self-identified students of color. For 2017-18, 16% of the students receive Financial Aid.
Horace Mann School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+78 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+41 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Horace Mann School Reviews
Even in a great school, there are things that should be given more attention. More specifically, as a Russian speaking student, I think that it would be nice to be able to take a language in school that isn't offered in most high schools. It would not only give students the chance to try out another language, but it would also give native speakers the chance to maintain their knowledge of the Russian culture.