Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Horace Mann High School is a public school located in North Fond Du Lac, WI. It has 435 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Horace Mann High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B58 Students
- A+33 Students
- B33 Students
- B-30 Students
- B15 Students
- B15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A14 Students
- B+14 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Horace Mann High School
- C+Waupun Area Senior High School
- Waupun School District, WI
- 77 reviews
- B+Lomira High School
- Lomira School District, WI
- 43 reviews
- BFond du Lac High School
- Fond du Lac School District, WI
- 238 reviews
- B+Ripon High School
- Ripon Area School District, WI
- 79 reviews
Horace Mann High School Reviews
One of the highs and lows of this school are the teachers, some were the best people I've met in my life and made me feel like I was a human being in the dreaded drama and cologne filled environment of high school. Some others made me question their ability to be around young adults who were still forming themselves and my ability to tolerate their actions. This will be a place I will not forget for the rest of my life, but not a time period I will ever want to return to. Also, why is it so darn cold.
Horace Mann is a small, people loving, homegrown environment. I love Horace Mann and all the people that make the city of North Fond du Lac all that it is. Without the small classes, hard working teachers, and the parents, this school would not be where it is today. Having teachers who are willing to put 200% into you as a student, show up early, stay late and will not let you fail, gives that good feeling of success. If I had to choose two teachers who have really pushed me to do my best this year, they would be Mr. Wismer and Mr. Sadoff. These two teachers have helped me in every single way possible, you name it, they had my back.
The teachers are very involved at this school, it is very easy to build relationships with them. They truly care about your success, and will do what it takes to help you succeed. It is not the biggest school around, which gives off a very family-like atmosphere. Being a school just under 500 people, there is not a lot of diversity, but it is definitely growing.