Horace Greeley High School is an elite, public school located in Chappaqua, NY. It has 1,285 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Horace Greeley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+119 Students
- A+114 Students
- A-81 Students
- A+77 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Horace Greeley High School
- A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- 94 reviews
- A+Byram Hills High School
- Byram Hills Central School District, NY
- 105 reviews
- A+Briarcliff High School
- Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District, NY
- 70 reviews
- A+Bronxville High School
- Bronxville Union Free School District, NY
- 66 reviews
Horace Greeley High School Reviews
Greeley is a top-notch NY public high school: the student body is incredibly smart and academically-driven, the teaching is phenomenal, and the variety of classes to take in all fields is almost overwhelming. However, because the entire student body is so focused on achieving the highest grades possible in the highest-level, most advanced courses available, the competition at Greeley between all students can certainly be felt.
The Administration and the Counselors are some of the kindest people anywhere. However, the teachers at this school are more focused on tests and grades rather than students learning (kids too). Most clubs are odd charity things started by kids who want to look good on college applications. This school is way to much about tests and grades rather than actual learning
Horace Greeley is a very intense school, with great emphasis on academics. Teachers truly care about your success. There is very little school spirit, however, which really negatively impacts the high school experience. I wish the school would put more effort into student extracurricular as it would make the school more of a community than it already is. Overall, my experience at Greeley has been enjoyable.