Horace Greeley High School is an elite, public school located in Chappaqua, NY. It has 1,331 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Horace Greeley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+110 Students
- A+108 Students
- A-75 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Horace Greeley High School
- A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- 92 reviews
- A+Byram Hills High School
- Byram Hills Central School District, NY
- 104 reviews
- A+Briarcliff High School
- Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District, NY
- 69 reviews
- A+Bronxville High School
- Bronxville Union Free School District, NY
- 66 reviews
Horace Greeley High School Reviews
Horace Greeley is a very intense school, with great emphasis on academics. Teachers truly care about your success. There is very little school spirit, however, which really negatively impacts the high school experience. I wish the school would put more effort into student extracurricular as it would make the school more of a community than it already is. Overall, my experience at Greeley has been enjoyable.
It's got a great community, a great staff, and all the teachers are willing to help. Academics are top notch and you can learn almost anything in Horace Greeley. My personal downside was the couple of teachers who were new and didn't know what they were doing, but they didn't stay for long. For many of the students, the path through high school is pretty simple, with many lights to help guide them through it.
I teach myself everything, or I ask my parents for tutors because the teachers are disengaged overall and just pushing us through. Clubs are popularity contests, not skill based. Athletics are influenced by controlling parents who are involved with the coach. The theater teacher abused kids. Rhodes is the worst principal ever. The food is good and I like my friends.