Hopkinton High School is a top rated, public school located in Hopkinton, MA. It has 1,090 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Hopkinton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A247 Students
- A+153 Students
- A+151 Students
- A+126 Students
- A-108 Students
- A+94 Students
- A-90 Students
- A80 Students
- A+68 Students
- A62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Hopkinton High School
- A+Medfield Senior High School
- Medfield Public Schools, MA
- 91 reviews
- A+Westwood High School
- Westwood Public Schools, MA
- 205 reviews
- A+Algonquin Regional High School
- Public School
- Northborough, MA
- 204 reviews
- A+Needham High School
- Needham Public Schools, MA
- 239 reviews
Hopkinton High School Reviews
Growing up in Hopkinton, MA was a childhood filled with opportunity and expectation. The high achieving nature of the town and its families created an academic environment, rated top 3 public schools in MA, to mirror that expectation as well. While this pressure was evident, the administration and student body emulated a sense of pride and enthusiasm for learning and experience. The administration sought involvement and feedback from the students at all crosses of school life, which allowed students to develop their own sense of self and critical thinking skills. The clubs were not very popular for students, as after school sports were deemed more important. The athletic department was well supported by the town, and the teams won several state championships during my 4 years. Hopkinton High school was a privilege to attend, and an environment where many will flourish.
I really like how much everyone is focused a lot on academics but they still have time for extra curricular. They have good sports teams and the teachers for the most part understand that most students have lives outside of school and are somewhat flexible if there are conflicts with home life. I dislike that much of the student body is left leaning. It seems like if anyone says anything that doesn't align with their specific guidelines for what is okay to say, they are chastised. There is a big problem with juuling and drinking at the school, which is something I personally am against.
I love Hopkinton High School. The teachers always encourage students to do their best. HHS offers a plethora of clubs, with new ones being added every year. The guidance counselors listen to the students and lead studensts to success in the future. Even though some classes might be challenging, teachers support students to make sure every student is successful.