Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Hopkins Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Minnetonka, MN. It has 1,605 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Hopkins Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A568 Students
- grade A+244 Students
- grade A174 Students
- grade B+124 Students
- grade B102 Students
- grade A97 Students
- grade A96 Students
- grade B93 Students
- grade B87 Students
- grade B minus86 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 100 responses
- Choir concerts and plays12%
- Sports games12%
- Senior pranks8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,783 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 66 responses
Schools like Hopkins Senior High School
- grade A minusHenry Sibley High School
- West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan Area School District No. 197, MN
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 261 reviews
- grade AChaska High School
- Eastern Carver County Public Schools, MN
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 204 reviews
- grade ACentral Senior High School
- St. Paul Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 370 reviews
- grade AIrondale Senior High School
- Mounds View Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 350 reviews
Hopkins Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 385 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Hopkins High School has been excellent. The teachers genuinely care about the students - not only that they are learning the material but also how they are doing as people. There is a wide array of courses offered, with many AP and honors classes along with many interesting electives. There are many sports and clubs and it is very easy to start a club of your own. The school lunches are truly delicious and the facilities are amazing. I am so happy that I got to be a student at Hopkins - it is an outstanding district!
Hopkins High is an amazing school. The environment is friendly and it's easy to make friends here because people are willing to introduce you to the school and to their own friends. Teachers are very friendly, they help you when you need it and guide you on your path through high school!
Hopkins Senior High School has a unique affect on the people that go there. I graduated in 2012 and am still extremely close to many of the friends I made there, one is even my roommate. Yet, it's not just me and my friends, I see so many people in other friend groups and in the grades above and below who are still actively hanging with their best friends from high school.So what makes Hopkins so different? I believe the school created a very amazing sense of diversity in interests. I was an athlete who was in band and choir, as well as an AP fine art student. Arts and sports were harmonious and equally appreciated among all of the students. This school really made finding your true interests an extremely delightful experience. I think so much of the person I am today was developed by my experience at Hopkins and I couldn't be more grateful.