Hopkins School is a top rated, private school located in New Haven, CT. It has 715 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. Tuition is $42,200 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Hopkins School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+59 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Hopkins School Reviews
I can’t believe Hopkins is behind Choate! In my opinion Hopkins has the most rigorous academic program while offering good athletics as well. The environment is great and the teachers are amazing! If I could do it again I would still choose Hopkins over Choate
I love how challenging Hopkins is academically; it truly upholds its traditions. I would, however, like to see more improvement to the athletics part of Hopkins. Many schools around us, especially Choate Rosemary Hall, have strong athletic programs, while maintaining their academic standards. I believe we would be a more desirable school to attend, resulting in a stronger all-around school.
Without a doubt, Hopkins is one of the most academically rigorous and intellectually vibrant private school in Connecticut, if not the whole country. Across the board, my teachers were knowledgable and genuinely engaged, and my peers were on average far more motivated and intellectually curious than my current peers at a top tier university. We may not be the best at sports (although we did have a few very strong teams and were at least decent at most things), but this is simply the result of the students and administration alike placing more of an emphasis on academics (and isn't this how it should be anyway at a Prep School?). I cannot conceive of a more thorough college preparatory experience, and I felt confident in my collegiate studies the minute I arrived on campus. It is impossible to leave Hop without being able to write the pants off a paper, and understanding how to manage your time well.