Hopkins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+43 Students
- B+39 Students
- B30 Students
- C+28 Students
- B-28 Students
- A+25 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-19 Students
- A+16 Students
- C+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Hopkins High School
- B+Hamilton High School
- Hamilton Community Schools, MI
- 81 reviews
- B+Thornapple Kellogg High School
- Thornapple Kellogg School District, MI
- 108 reviews
- A-Caledonia High School
- Caledonia Community Schools, MI
- 246 reviews
- B+Otsego High School
- Otsego Public Schools, MI
- 128 reviews
Hopkins High School Reviews
Although only being in the district for a little over 3 years, Hopkins has quickly become a home for me. I certainly feel, however, this is a direct result of my personality and NOT "openness" of the district. On the flip side, there are tons of opportunities to immerse yourself into the community-- if you're willing enough. Everyone knows everyone, which is great for some and not so great for others. It's certainly a small town feel, and the people surrounding definitely reflect that, but as noted before.. If you're willing to put in the extra mile, you'll receive miles and miles in return.
I love the diversity of Hopkins High School. There is a plethora of races, religions, aspirations, and personalities. HHS also offers many AP classes and CIS classes that greatly prepare the students for post - secondary education. I would like to see the funding of Hopkins High School change, however. A lot of the money goes to sports and not very much goes to the arts. I love music and ceramics and would like to see more money going into those programs, not just sports.
It's a great school with a lot of school spirit and enthusiasm. It's very diverse, it represents the kind of people you see in the real world, as opposed to a lot of other schools in the area that are very white. I like the block scheduling and am glad they decided not to change out of that. The education is great, there are some amazing teachers here. They offer a lot of AP classes and college in the schools. I think overall it's an underrated school.