Hopkins High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Hopkins, MI. It has 501 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Hopkins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+53 Students
- B+44 Students
- B37 Students
- C+35 Students
- B-32 Students
- A+28 Students
- B+27 Students
- B-21 Students
- C+19 Students
- A+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Hopkins High School
- B+Hamilton High School
- Hamilton Community Schools, MI
- 86 reviews
- B+Thornapple Kellogg High School
- Thornapple Kellogg School District, MI
- 112 reviews
- A-Caledonia High School
- Caledonia Community Schools, MI
- 261 reviews
- BOtsego High School
- Otsego Public Schools, MI
- 133 reviews
Hopkins High School Reviews
My experience at Hopkins High School was and still is a blessed experience that I will take with me forever. From the students to the teachers, I felt accepted on my journey through the four years of high school I have had. I felt like I could tell my teachers anything that I felt. My teachers have taught me many things that I will be able to bring with me to college, and my career. Taking AP classes have shown me how college will be in the future, and although stressful, Hopkins has made me realize that I can do it. This school has challenged me with schoolwork that really rattled my brain, but with the teachers, I got through it all. Hopkins teachers have taught me to problem solve through every problem I receive in life, whether it is a college assignment or a problem at my job in the future, I have been taught by Hopkins High School to never give up. I will never be the same after attending Hopkins High School, they have taught me to never let an opportunity slip from my fingers.
My experience at Hopkins High School was generally positive. I loved my teachers, the resources we had. The laptops I was provided with did occasionally break, but the tech office was really good at helping students out with that sort of thing. The main thing I wasn't a fan of was the student culture. If you aren't a fan of sports, especially football, you won't fit in here. I was always involved in the band and theatre departments, which was so much fun, but it doesn't necessarily win you popularity points. Half the student body didn't even take the band seriously while I went there, which is a shame, but don't let that discourage you from joining. Being in such a small town, a lot of the students were very small-minded. That being said, you're sure to find at least a small circle of friends that love and accept you here - I sure did.
Hopkins high school so far is a very good school. It has a diverse body of students and full of wonderful students. There are many clubs and ways to get involved in the Hopkins community. There are good and bad teachers. Hopkins needs to work on looking at classes where many students are not doing well and look at the cause of that, because it’s not always the student fault. But overall it is a really nice school and I am glad to be apart of it.