Hopkins High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Hopkins, MI. It has 531 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Hopkins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+61 Students
- B+50 Students
- B44 Students
- C+41 Students
- B-36 Students
- A33 Students
- B30 Students
- B-23 Students
- C+23 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Hopkins High School
- B+Hamilton High School
- Hamilton Community Schools, MI
- 93 reviews
- B+Thornapple Kellogg High School
- Thornapple Kellogg School District, MI
- 125 reviews
- A-Caledonia High School
- Caledonia Community Schools, MI
- 279 reviews
- BOtsego High School
- Otsego Public Schools, MI
- 139 reviews
Hopkins High School Reviews
Hopkins High School is a small-town school in a rural community. The student population gets along well, everybody knows everybody and their family. By going to this school all my life, it's like I grew up with my classmates. In addition to the student life, the school also offers a variety of courses, including AP classes and the opportunity to attend the local technical education center. The staff is friendly and helpful, and work together to create a safe environment for students.
I thoroughly enjoy the teachers in this district, and the student population is definitely a community. I'm very thrilled to be an alum of this district post-graduation. There is no auditorium in this district, which is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. Their fine arts programs are so good, and the lack of an auditorium really makes them seem less professional.
My experience at Hopkins High School was and still is a blessed experience that I will take with me forever. From the students to the teachers, I felt accepted on my journey through the four years of high school I have had. I felt like I could tell my teachers anything that I felt. My teachers have taught me many things that I will be able to bring with me to college, and my career. Taking AP classes have shown me how college will be in the future, and although stressful, Hopkins has made me realize that I can do it. This school has challenged me with schoolwork that really rattled my brain, but with the teachers, I got through it all. Hopkins teachers have taught me to problem solve through every problem I receive in life, whether it is a college assignment or a problem at my job in the future, I have been taught by Hopkins High School to never give up. I will never be the same after attending Hopkins High School, they have taught me to never let an opportunity slip from my fingers.