Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Hopkins County Central High School is an above average, public school located in Madisonville, KY. It has 857 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Hopkins County Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B141 Students
- B-123 Students
- B+100 Students
- B-88 Students
- A-73 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+27 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Hopkins County Central High School
Hopkins County Central High School Reviews
HCCHS is an amazing school. They offer many different fields of study that prepare each student to be college and career ready. All of the teachers are involved in helping the students excel in their class. The teachers work together to ensure a safe learning environment. The counselors are always ready to listen and help the study with their schedules and mental & emotional needs! I´ve never gone to a better school. When I was going through my health issues with epilepsy, every teacher and counselor was there for me until I got my health under control!
Overall, my experience at HCCHS has been very good. Over my four years I've created life long relationships with students and teachers both, found great educational opportunities, have had numerous opportunities to be involved with my school and community, and have been well prepared to start college. HCCHS brings a lot of diversity as well, which has given an opportunity to experience what it will be like for my self as a teacher. The only thing I think could be better with this school is school spirit, coaching, and sanitary
I've been going to Hopkins County Central High School my whole college career. While here ive been invloved in multiple varsity sports, clubs, and after school activities. This school has great teachers who care about you and your success. If i could change one thing about this school along with any other it would be to taker kids who don't plan on going to college and send them to an alternate school.