Hopewell High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+153 Students
- A+107 Students
- A97 Students
- B+72 Students
- B+68 Students
- B+67 Students
- A-65 Students
- B+62 Students
- B-57 Students
- B-48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Hopewell High School Reviews
Review Hopewell High School
Having been a student of this establishment for 4 years and having seen the change in both demographics and staff, I feel suitable to give this review. Yes, there are a handful of great teachers that genuinely care for their students and their futures. But the overwhelming majority of the teachers there just do the bare minimum. The Custodial Staff and Cafeteria Workers are very kind and hard working. Overall, it hasn't been a pleasant experience and I believe student interviews should take place to see how to improve the school for the better.
Overall quality of teachers is okay. Most teachers are engaging and are understanding with students situations and if the student is struggling, most will gladly assist them and have after school sessions for tutoring or to make up tests/quizzes. However there are a few that are too strict and inconsistent with grading. There are also a few that move to quickly during a lesson of new material and do not explain very well to the students and leave many students confused and frustrated for not being able to understand the material which therefore leads to students practically teaching themselves.
Most teachers are amazing at Hopewell! There are some teachers though that are either very harsh on grading (compared to the rest of the school) or are very lenient with some students and not with others (or playing "favoritism"). Most teachers are very friendly and very approachable. Most teachers you can have a one-on-one conversation about everyday life and even get just basic real-life advice on how to handle situations.