Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Hope Street Charter Academy is a public, charter school located in Topeka, KS. It has 116 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Hope Street Charter Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B10 Students
- C+6 Students
- A-6 Students
- B5 Students
- B5 Students
- A-4 Students
- B-4 Students
- NG3 Students
- B2 Students
- A-2 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Hope Street Charter Academy Reviews
This school takes in all kinds of students. The staff is actively making sure that everyone passes their classes. The teachers are amazing and there are plenty of sources to go to if you just need a break. The school is also especially good about taking care of the students mental need as well as taking care of the students who have children or disabilities. In a city with a large population and a variety of people with a variety of troubles, this is the place for students to take refuge. It also offers many unique opportunities that you may not find in other schools such as a nursery, a social worker, a wonderful counsellor, a pricipal who goes out of his way to make a connection with students, and smaller class sizes for students who don't do well in a crowded setting.
I liked how lenient the teachers were in class, if a student didn't get their work done by the deadline because they were gone for some reason then the teacher would work with them, unlike other schools where the teachers would just punish the student for not finishing the work in time.
Hope street has helped me so much since I switched schools. If it wasn't for that school, I wouldn't be anywhere close to graduating.