Hoover High School is a top rated, public school located in Hoover, AL. It has 2,922 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Hoover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-470 Students
- A392 Students
- A368 Students
- B182 Students
- A-164 Students
- B120 Students
- A-111 Students
- B103 Students
- B-101 Students
- A+90 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.74 responses
Hoover High School Reviews
Hoover High School is a really big school. It is very easy to get lost, but it is also very easy to learn the layout of the school. It is so easy to meet new friends at this school because there are almost 4000 kids in it! There are a ton of clubs and sports to be involved in and no one does high school football like Hoover does (we even had our own tv show on MTV in the 90s!). The teachers and coaches at Hoover are top notch and we have so many classes to choose from. We have academies where you can take classes that teach special skills for your career like engineering, health science, business, finance, etc. Overall this school is pretty great and anyone who goes here would agree!
Hoover was fantastic in it's sense of diversity and it's ambition to push students to succeed. They offered a variety of programs to study such as medicine, engineering, law, computer science, foreign languages, art, theatre, sports of all kinds, clubs, etc. They also have AP and IB classes offered within the school!
I honestly believed the transition into this high school would be terrible considering the reputation that high school in of itself carries. Hoover is one of the largest high schools in the state of Alabama, which only made the transition more terrifying to me. However, the opportunities, teachers, peers, activities, and extracurriculars that this school has offered far outweighs any other school I have attended thus far. I have grown socially, academically, and emotionally and feel more prepared than ever to go to college.