Hoover High School is a top rated, public school located in Hoover, AL. It has 2,922 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Hoover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A470 Students
- A392 Students
- A368 Students
- B182 Students
- A-164 Students
- B120 Students
- A111 Students
- B+103 Students
- B-101 Students
- A+90 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.73 responses
Hoover High School Reviews
Hoover was fantastic in it's sense of diversity and it's ambition to push students to succeed. They offered a variety of programs to study such as medicine, engineering, law, computer science, foreign languages, art, theatre, sports of all kinds, clubs, etc. They also have AP and IB classes offered within the school!
Hoover is a great high school! It is very large, but they do a good job of creating smaller communities within the school. There is a bit too much emphasis on sports (especially football), but it is Alabama, so I guess that's to be expected. There are a lot of different types of classes offered - regular, AP, IB, and the city is creating a vo-tech academy that we really need. There is a lot of diversity.
Hoover High School prepared me academically, as well as through recreational activities for the real world. The teachers at Hoover High wish for nothing but success for every student and put their all into ensuring that each student is using their full abilities to succeed. Recreational teachers such as physical education teachers or Driver’s education also share the same traits of genuine kindness and caring towards each student and never fail to help a student in any way they can. Hoover High School may be a school but it also felt like a safehaven and experience that I will forever cherish and be appreciative for.