Hoover High School is a top rated, public school located in Hoover, AL. It has 2,902 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Hoover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A390 Students
- A334 Students
- A301 Students
- B152 Students
- A-145 Students
- B98 Students
- A91 Students
- B86 Students
- A+82 Students
- B-79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Hoover High School Reviews
Hoover High School is a very good school for students. It is so diverse and large that you can see new faces in the hallways every day. Hoover High Athletics are phenomenal, and the academics are just as great! If you are looking for a High School that is prepared to take on any students and make them prepared for any situation, Hoover High School is the way to go!
I absolutely loved Hoover High School! The faculty and staff were all very friendly and willing to help. The education was superior quality compared to other schools in the area. It is the best school I have ever attended, and I have moved quite a bit. They made sure that we were well-rounded by offering several different clubs and extracurricular activities, and they'd meet while school was in session to ensure that nobody was left out due to inability to stay after school hours, etc. This school is amazing! The diversity level is high, and the are accepting of different cultures. The technology is well kept up to date! They provided us with Ipads and we rarely used anything but the iPads, so we used hardly any paper, which helps the environment by reducing waste.
Because of Hoover’s large student body, diverse community, and limitless options, it is often defined as “Hoover University.” There are tons of resources for students to come by to become ready for college and every individual is required to take a Career Preparedness class in order to succeed in their desired career and in life in general. In addition to that, we have a college counselor in order to assist us with scholarships and career choices, college visits, and a humongous set of clubs designed to accommodate to everyone’s interests.