Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Hoover High School is a top rated, public school located in Hoover, AL. It has 2,859 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Hoover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus651 Students
- grade A533 Students
- grade A502 Students
- grade B251 Students
- grade A minus199 Students
- grade B185 Students
- grade A minus167 Students
- grade B minus141 Students
- grade B+136 Students
- grade A minus129 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 51 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 51 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 225 responses
- Football games22%
- Pep rallys20%
- Bayou Bash11%
- Basketball games and plays8%
- Relay for Life6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 81 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,873 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 81 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 81 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 81 responses
Schools like Hoover High School
- grade A+Spain Park High School
- Hoover City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.13 out of 5 252 reviews
- grade A+Homewood High School
- Homewood City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.2 out of 5 246 reviews
- grade AOak Mt. High School
- Shelby County Schools, AL
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 284 reviews
- grade A+Vestavia Hills High School
- Vestavia Hills City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 256 reviews
Hoover High School Reviews
Rating 4.13 out of 5 466 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Coming from a very small and low-populated town, moving to Hoover High School was a great way for me to meet tons of new people with all sorts of different backgrounds. No one is the same and you have countless opportunities to get into academics and sports that you desire. I personally found adapting to Hoover High difficult once I moved to Hoover because I was from a different part of town, although I did enjoy my time, I got to be apart of many clubs and organizations, I also got the chance to have better teachers and meet new friends. Something that could be better about Hoover is the number of activities they hold for students, Hoover is a massive school with few outside activities like school festivals and more! Overall, I loved my time at Hoover, and although I did struggle to adapt when I first moved, the diversity among the school is what makes it such a great place with the caring staff!
Hoover is an amazing school with a wide variety of experiences. Since all the wonderful students come from different backgrounds, we are able to mame a diverse school. There are many opportunities offered as well: International Baccalaureate Program, AP Capstone, Dual Enrollment, etc. Students are also highly encouraged to participate in clubs and other extracurricular activities, especially initiatives to increase school spirit! At Hoover, I have been able to explore my interests while being a part of wonderful programs and having an amazing support system. I have truly enjoyed my time and made connections with mentors whom I will never forget. We are encouraged to think deepy, and I have learned many life skills I will carry with me all throughout my life. Not only have I been academically challenged but I have also been pushed in the right direction. I developed great passions for computer science, writing, and reading, all of which I have been and will continue to persue.
High school is different for everyone, but I loved it for the most part. Hoover High offered a wide variety of classes, and my education challenged me in the best way everyday! I love how diverse it is, and it really allows each student to find something they love. I did have a couple bad teachers, but that’s expected. For the most part, the teachers were so caring and made sure they did their best to prepare me for college! I also participated on the school’s dance team, which really allowed me to have school spirit and be involved with many things! The school is large (sometimes referred to as Hoover University), but I personally love the ability to meet lots of new people in every class!