Hoosac Valley Middle & High School is a public school located in Cheshire, MA. It has 620 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Hoosac Valley Middle & High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A32 Students
- C30 Students
- C17 Students
- C+17 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+11 Students
- B11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Hoosac Valley Middle & High School
- C+Drury High School
- North Adams Public Schools, MA
- 42 reviews
- C+New Lebanon Junior/Senior High School
- New Lebanon Central School District, NY
- 27 reviews
- BPittsfield High School
- Pittsfield Public Schools, MA
- 112 reviews
- C+Berlin Middle School/High School
- Berlin Central School District, NY
- 34 reviews
Hoosac Valley Middle & High School Reviews
Overall the school was decent, I felt that I was safe all the time and I was learning at a level that I was quite comfortable with (honors, AP). Yet, I had myself feeling as though the fun was sucked out of the school. We were very limited on what we could do, and if we weren’t in sports we basically did not matter. The staff tried but it was in the wrong ways, and never seemed to care what the kids wanted. Especially as a senior I feel as though my year was controller with every step I took by the principal and vice principal. The teachers are very personal and are very passionate about their students and work. I would not have graduated with honors without them.
The school is terrible!! The environment is so negative and drugs abuse is a real issue here. The new change in administraton has not changed a thing. Instead of fixing the issues they have made them worst. The school was bias towards its athletes already, the administration is just making it worst. Students who are athletes can get away with everything! The only thing that makes this a 2 star is the outstanding band and musical program. Other then that DO NOT ATTEND HOOSAC!!!
Hoosac Valley was a very close-knit community; being someone who transferred during eighth grade, I was welcomed by other students fairly well. The teachers at Hoosac are the school's greatest appeal, as most of them are so dedicated to teaching. My high school experience would have been drastically different if not for my teachers, they all get to know students on a personal level and understand how to reach students in a way that feels genuine.