Hoosac School was founded in Hoosick, New York in 1889. For over 125 years Hoosac has been enrolling boarders and day students in Forms II-VI (Grades 8-12) and our postgraduate program. As a coeducational, college preparatory school, Hoosac celebrates each student's individuality in all aspects of their educational life. Our low student-to-teacher ratio, challenging academics, and active social life in a caring and supportive community prepares all Hoosac students for the rigor of college and life ahead. Please explore the Hoosac website to get all the latest news and event information. There is no substitute for an actual visit to our campus...Schedule a tour today!
Hoosac School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+10 Students
- A9 Students
- A+8 Students
- A+7 Students
- A+6 Students
- NG6 Students
- A+6 Students
- A+5 Students
- B4 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Hoosac School Reviews
Our kids are respectful, enthusiastic learners with a will to succeed. Working here has taught me that you CAN enjoy going to work everyday. I wouldn't feel this way if it weren't for the students and faculty alike!