Hoopa Valley High School is a public school located in Hoopa, CA. It has 241 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Hoopa Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-40 Students
- C33 Students
- A20 Students
- A+17 Students
- D+16 Students
- A-15 Students
- A+14 Students
- A-13 Students
- A+11 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Hoopa Valley High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Hoopa Valley High School Reviews
I like Hoopa Valley High School because it’s a reservation school with natives so I grew up with everyone since preschool, Hoopa is not like any other small towns we may have opinions and disagreements but we all come together to protect and protest against what we know is not right. If I could change anything about this High school it would be to have more clubs and have more money to be able to get new things such as equipment for PE class, more equipment for our science class and new gear for every sport because the players are having to pay out of their own pockets to pay to play a sport.
My experience attending Hoopa Valley High School was what I would consider to be like any other high school. Although it is different living on a reservation and having teachers that are actually your cousins, it is the only thing that I knew. Most of the kids that I graduated with are the same ones that I graduated with from the 8th grade, and the same that I used to play with when I was young. It was good to grow up in such a tight net community.
What I liked about Hoopa Valley High school is how the teachers and facilities are so interested in you and just try to better you and get you help with whatever you may need. That's what I like about small schools like ours, there awesome. Not in a big school where your just a number. But I would want to change all the contrustion going on with all of are school right now. It's very well frustrating with it going on all over are school since they found black mold in all are class rooms.