Hominy High School is a public school located in Hominy, OK. It has 168 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Hominy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A32 Students
- A30 Students
- B20 Students
- B-16 Students
- C15 Students
- C14 Students
- C+14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B10 Students
- C8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Hominy High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Hominy High School Reviews
I think the most important problem is that we have a severe lack of funding. Our teachers are paid next to nothing and we can't even afford books. However, I think that we have a good student atmosphere, and we all make do with what we have.
While the academic side of things doesn't always prepare people for life beyond high school, most people, myself included, hold fond memories. The town support, traditions, and Native American culture make for a unique experience. It is a more laid-back atmosphere and small enough that you know people by name. Being able to be involved in all of the extracurriculars you are interested in is a huge advantage over larger schools.
The school overall is okay. The apathy of both teachers and students often created an environment that wasn't particularly conducive to learning. For a small school, the range of activities for students to be involved in is fairly impressive, even though the tennis program has just been cut. I was involved in at least 7 different things during high school. Food is really a personal preference thing.