Homewood High School is a top rated, public school located in Homewood, AL. It has 1,175 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Homewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A185 Students
- A180 Students
- A175 Students
- B85 Students
- B+80 Students
- A-64 Students
- B56 Students
- A+49 Students
- B-48 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Homewood High School Reviews
Homewood High School is a great school to make the most best frriends you'll ever meet! They'll have some teachers that'll be able to teach and others that can't causing great conversations for the future. The lunch is not worth being eaten, so I prefer bringing a lunch from home, but some students are able to at least tolerate it. Then, Homewood City Schools is beyond strict. They barely let you walk in the hallways without a pass. If you get caught without a hall pass, depending on the teacher you have, can result in major circumstances or a warning. This school has teachers that'll also see students doing things they shouldn't to others or let people say words they shouldn't say that can cause controversy, but yet the teachers just watch they never do anything. That's one major flaw that needs to be fixed. Lastly, Homewood High School is known to be a great school to make great memories with the friends you have and some of the teachers.
I transferred into Homewood High School in 9th grade. I was welcomed into homewood very well and am very proud to be able to say I will be graduating from Homewood High School in may of 2018! One thing that they could improve on, is their knowledge about learning differences. I am dyslexic and was at a private school 3rd-8th, discovering how to excel in school having dyslexia. Homewood for the most part did what they could to accommodate me, however there are certain times that my teachers have a hard time understanding that I am working twice as hard as everyone else and still not being pleased with my grades. I feel that if Homewood City School teachers were to go to training and become informed about learning differences and worked on ways that they could go the extra mile to make each student with a learning diffrence feel heard and help them maximize their unique potential, Homewood would be such a wonderful place for students struggling with their studies!
Homewood High School, in my humble opinion, is a top school in the state of Alabama when in comes to overall performance. It is academically challenging and provides students with numerous opportunities to further one's excellence. The faculty and staff here are totally prepared to help you with any occurrence to their best ability, and the athletic side has many successful programs that have plenty of state titles. In closure, Homewood High School is a great school that helps students reach their own unique potential.