Homewood High School is a top rated, public school located in Homewood, AL. It has 1,175 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Homewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A214 Students
- A-209 Students
- A203 Students
- B97 Students
- B94 Students
- A-75 Students
- B68 Students
- B-61 Students
- A+53 Students
- B47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Homewood High School Reviews
I am a current Homewood High School senior, and what I like most about Homewood is the Foreign Language department, the Academic resources, and most of the staff. There is a wide variety of classes to take and choose from, and the Athletic teams are usually State Champions. It also has fun things like Spirit Week during football season every week, and students can dress up every Friday. Homecoming is usually fun too, with a full Spirit Week, a parade, and a Dance. They are currently bring our remodeling to a close, so we will have virtually a brand-new school! If you are not a very strong student they have people there to help you, as well as a Credit Recovery course. Overall, Homewood is a good place to attend. The only thing I would change is a few teachers and create a bit more racial, cultural and financial diversity.
Homewood High School is a great school to make the most best frriends you'll ever meet! They'll have some teachers that'll be able to teach and others that can't causing great conversations for the future. The lunch is not worth being eaten, so I prefer bringing a lunch from home, but some students are able to at least tolerate it. Then, Homewood City Schools is beyond strict. They barely let you walk in the hallways without a pass. If you get caught without a hall pass, depending on the teacher you have, can result in major circumstances or a warning. This school has teachers that'll also see students doing things they shouldn't to others or let people say words they shouldn't say that can cause controversy, but yet the teachers just watch they never do anything. That's one major flaw that needs to be fixed. Lastly, Homewood High School is known to be a great school to make great memories with the friends you have and some of the teachers.
This school is famous for its band, but the level of advancement its classes have should not be discredited. Having been here for three years and couple months I have met many of the teachers, and all of them have been an enormous help in boosting me towards my goals in life. It has a very wide range of clubs, activities, sports, and even the Fine Arts Department is quite diverse with the dance team, marching band, concert band, and the advanced art classes. I believe Homewood prepares its students for college academically, but the college councilors do not help the students as much as most would like. Though they are enthusiastic about getting students to apply for college.