Homewood High School is an elite, public school located in Homewood, AL. It has 1,105 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Homewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A136 Students
- A131 Students
- A125 Students
- B67 Students
- B60 Students
- A-55 Students
- B43 Students
- A+36 Students
- B-35 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Homewood High School Reviews
I transferred into Homewood High School in 9th grade. I was welcomed into homewood very well and am very proud to be able to say I will be graduating from Homewood High School in may of 2018! One thing that they could improve on, is their knowledge about learning differences. I am dyslexic and was at a private school 3rd-8th, discovering how to excel in school having dyslexia. Homewood for the most part did what they could to accommodate me, however there are certain times that my teachers have a hard time understanding that I am working twice as hard as everyone else and still not being pleased with my grades. I feel that if Homewood City School teachers were to go to training and become informed about learning differences and worked on ways that they could go the extra mile to make each student with a learning diffrence feel heard and help them maximize their unique potential, Homewood would be such a wonderful place for students struggling with their studies!
I´ve lived in Homewood and been in the Homewood City School System since Kindergarten and I absolutely LOVE it. Some of my favorite things/activities include Athletic Events (such as Football, Basketball, and Softball), Pep Rallies before the home Football games, and out of school activities that still involve the school. Honestly, if I could re-live my years at HHS, I would do it all over again!
Overall my experience at Homewood High School has been one to remember. Our school's staff definitely has each individual student's best interest in mind. For every question or concern I have there's always an adult that can assist me so that I am capable of reaching my full potential. Furthermore, the diversity and positive environment makes my high school experience outstanding.