Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Homestead Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fort Wayne, IN. It has 2,424 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Homestead Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A671 Students
- A+491 Students
- B465 Students
- B-391 Students
- A-183 Students
- B150 Students
- C+142 Students
- A-127 Students
- B124 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.82 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.89 responses
Schools like Homestead Senior High School
- ACarroll High School
- Northwest Allen County Schools, IN
- 522 reviews
- CColumbia City High School
- Whitley County Consolidated Schools, IN
- 199 reviews
- BNorwell High School
- Northern Wells Community Schools, IN
- 123 reviews
- B-Huntington North High School
- Huntington County Community School Corporation, IN
- 254 reviews
Homestead Senior High School Reviews
I came to Homestead my junior year and was shocked with the nature of the school. Coming from a small, rural school district, I lacked exposure to rigorous academics, state-dominating athletic programs, and an overall competitive environment. Homestead offers an excessive abundance of academic opportunities, such as honors, dual credit, and AP classes, a club, or extracurricular for everyone, state bound athletic and music/arts programs, and passionate, hard-working staff and teachers. For a public school, the strict set of rules and dress code enforce a type of professionalism I'd venture to say is likely lacking in most high schools. The most common downsides of HHS are the lack of diversity, the lack of building/parking space (over 2,400 students now), and the sometimes arrogant attitudes of the student body (contributed by socioeconomic affluence of student body). I am proud to be a Spartan and love this school...the new high school will be absolutely amazing in a few years!
Homestead has brought lots of new academics and well formed teachers. When I first started, Homestead was overwhelming to me because it was so big. I had trouble finding my classes, but after a week, I felt more comfortable and got the hang of things. The teachers are outstanding and make you work hard. They will help anyone asking for it and provide excellent techniques if one way does not suit the needs. There are also a lot of courses available to students offered at Homestead. They have something for everyone. This is why Homestead is so great!
I love the atmosphere and overall friendliness of not only the staff, but the students are exemplary with how they treat and respect one another. The school remains very clean and polished. The teachers are very reliable and work with each student in order to help them all achieve the best possible success. The athletic teams are some of the best in the state and academically my peers all seem to do outstanding work! The only thing that can be frustrating is the lack of a fair discipline system; for such a great school that works to help every student I do feel like the policies behind how they conduct certain disciplinary matters goes too far for some people. But overall the experience is wonderful and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!