Homestead Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Fort Wayne, IN. It has 2,317 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Homestead Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A481 Students
- B+355 Students
- A+350 Students
- B-308 Students
- A-137 Students
- B118 Students
- B-106 Students
- B92 Students
- A-82 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 114 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Schools like Homestead Senior High School
- ACarroll High School
- Northwest Allen County Schools, IN
- 442 reviews
- B-Columbia City High School
- Whitley County Consolidated Schools, IN
- 177 reviews
- BNorwell High School
- Northern Wells Community Schools, IN
- 107 reviews
- BHuntington North High School
- Huntington County Community School Corporation, IN
- 221 reviews
Homestead Senior High School Reviews
Within my school, it provided various amounts of opportunity to achieve our goals, whether that be within sports or academics. Before coming to Homestead, I attended another school district with only a few clubs and sports. Homestead not only has allowed me to participate in dual credit classes and AP classes, but has also allowed me to grow as a person, meeting new people who have helped throughout my high school career. However, Homestead does have a few flaws, including how some of the teachers read off a board instead of interacting with their students. Nonetheless, Homestead has a very diverse atmosphere with a great diversity among their students. Without this school, I would not have been able to achieve the high standards that not only I, but my parents have set for myself.
I have had a wonderful experience whilst at Homestead High School. The diversity and plethora of opportunities for school and community involvement really make Homestead stand out as a school. In general, the location is very safe and friendly and the students are welcoming and helpful. I have been involved in the Show Choir program at Homestead for the past 4 years and it has really been a welcoming and enjoyable experience. The most incredible thing about these past 4 years at homestead have been the memories, connections, and friends that i have been able to make from my involvement in groups such as Show Choir, National Honors Society, and the theater program. Overall, Homestead is a wonderful school and a school that i am proud of having attended over these last 4 years of my life.
Homestead is a very good school academically. The majority of teachers know what they are doing and are good at teaching. However, the drive for a STEM focus and the need to make the most out of technology has lead to the idea that every classroom should strive for a “flipped class”. If done well, this can be a way to reduce the amount of homework students have. If done incorrectly, as it often is at Homestead, those who are naturally good at the subject do fine in the class while those who are not naturally skilled find themselves struggling due to lack of teacher support.The administration is what can be expected of an Indiana high school, and they do try to help every student succeed and do their best in life. The guidance counselors are willing and mostly able to talk about issues surrounding life and school. Overall a pretty good school, if there are a few kinks that need to be worked out.