As parents and educators, we know there is no work more important than preparing our children to take on the world. Homestead embraces parents as partners in the educational experience. As a school, we strive for you to be informed, engaged and included, recognizing that parents are the ultimate experts when it comes our students and their needs in or beyond the classroom.
Our faculty and staff is a committed and caring group of professionals who work together to make Homestead the best that it can be. We prioritize relationships with young people as our top commitment. From there, teachers embrace innovation and change in the classroom, and build strong partnerships with students focused on learning and achievement.
Homestead High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+322 Students
- A+169 Students
- B119 Students
- A+79 Students
- A-75 Students
- A62 Students
- A-57 Students
- A48 Students
- B+48 Students
- A+45 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Homestead High School Reviews
My main issue would be the administration's focus on athletics over academics. Yes, Homestead's athletic program is great and accomplished, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a balance between the two. Athlete/Sports team success is highlighted more often than academic achievements.