Homer Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Homer, NY. It has 606 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Homer Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A46 Students
- B-39 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+34 Students
- B27 Students
- A-27 Students
- C26 Students
- B+21 Students
- C20 Students
- A-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Homer Senior High School
- B+Fabius-Pompey Middle School High School
- Fabius-Pompey Central School District, NY
- 39 reviews
- BTully Junior/Senior High School
- Tully Central School District, NY
- 74 reviews
- B+Dryden High School
- Dryden Central School District, NY
- 98 reviews
- B-Moravia Junior/Senior High School
- Moravia Central School District, NY
- 16 reviews
Homer Senior High School Reviews
As a sophomore at Homer Senior High I understand what goes into becoming a "good" school, Homer is an academically outstanding school, Homer also has a zero bullying policy, making your life at Homer fun, as compared to other schools that don't care. Although, Homer doesn't have pep-rallies as others schools do.
Homer High School is a typical small town high school, with no more than the average features available. The school is largely made up of kids from undereducated and poor families, and this is reflected in their way of thinking. There are a few clubs, none of which are very unique, and they usually fail to schedule meetings well to accommodate others.
Homer high school is an average sized school. I recently graduated from Homer high school and feel that they are a good school. Most of the teachers are committed to helping their students and are willing to work around their schedules to do so. One thing that should change would be the food. Some of the meals are okay but most tend to not be so good. Most students would leave for lunch or have seniors who could leave bring food back for others. Though the food is not the best Homer has very good sports teams and coaches as well as school pride and support. The games were always packed with supporters within the school and community to cheer on the teams.