Holton-Arms School is a top rated, private, all-girls school located in Bethesda, MD. It has 660 students in grades 3-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. Tuition is $40,150 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Holton-Arms School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+60 Students
- A59 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+37 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Holton-Arms School Reviews
Personally I love Holton. The academics are rigorous, but that is what you sign up for when you choose Holton. I have had nothing but good experiences here and can't wait for more!
Looking back on my time at Holton, I am very grateful for the academic education and supportive teachers and staff. The school offers many great opportunities to get involved. I was well-prepared for college. Holton's all-girls education really prepares you to speak up in college classes. However, my social experience there was sub-par. Many, if not most of the girls there, are spoiled and come from wealthy homes. The cattiness and exclusivity never stopped up until graduation. I saw this everywhere. Across grades, groups of friends, and even among parents to be honest. Overall a great school, but I think the school needs to intervene to make the Holton experience more inclusive and enjoyable for everyone.
I attended Holton from 7th grade through 12th coming from a smaller private school in DC - and choosing among the big private school names of the area. It was the best decision I (or my parents) could have made. I was surrounded by competitive, helpful, kind, and ethical girls who shaped my academic and athletic pursuits and drew forth excellence. I would highly recommend Holton to anyone searching for a top notch education.