Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Holt Senior High School is a public school located in Holt, MI. It has 1,723 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Holt Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A434 Students
- B-252 Students
- B229 Students
- B+205 Students
- B+187 Students
- A+186 Students
- B-119 Students
- B-91 Students
- B77 Students
- B+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Holt Senior High School Reviews
Overall, I would say that Holt High School is a good school. The teachers and staff are all willing to help you if you need any assisstance. The student body is also pretty diverse! However, most clubs and sports don't get any attention fron the school board except for football which is expected but still.
Compared to the other nearby schools, my high school is actual a very good fit. They offer dual enrollment and trade school programs to help students prepare for their desired career path. It a decently open and inviting school and has a good environment for students to learn. If you wanted to get ahead in classes, the counselors make it extremely difficult. My algebra 1 credit wouldn't transfer because our school has Algebra AB so I had to retake the class. If one wanted to seek other opportunities to try and get ahead academically, he or she would have to research it themselves. Overall it is a decent school and I am glad to be a part of it.
The thing I enjoyed about Holt High, are the supportive teachers. Walking out of each class, I personally felt that they had my back and I had someone to fall back on. They are super understanding of my personal life and are super flexible when dealing with the negative aspects that it holds. The band program offered at Holt High saved my life. Growing up, life was not easy and that led me to have very severe depression. When I joined the Holt Ram Marching Band, we all became a family and that is what I needed during that time. One thing that I would change is the preparedness for college and outsude life after college. As a student, I feel as it we are forced to have a set plan for college and a way to reach that goal.