Holmdel High School is a top rated, public school located in Holmdel, NJ. It has 920 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Holmdel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A141 Students
- A-83 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+54 Students
- A47 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Holmdel High School
- AMarlboro High School
- Freehold Regional High School District, NJ
- 280 reviews
- A+J.P. Stevens High School
- Edison Township School District, NJ
- 378 reviews
- A+Metuchen High School
- Metuchen Public School District, NJ
- 107 reviews
- A+Highland Park High School
- Highland Park School District, NJ
- 84 reviews
Holmdel High School Reviews
I greatly have enjoyed my time at Holmdel high school. I will be graduating from here in June and I can proudly say that the last four years have been nothing but a pleasure. The school has so much to offer. Great education, lots of diverse groups of students and teachers, an excellent facility, extremely safe environment, and has to be one of the best schools out there for getting you prepared for college. I had lots of fun going to school here with all of my friends and getting a great education. The sole reason most parents move to Holmdel is for the school system. The high school is a prime example of why people migrate here. I made so many great friends here, I won two Group 2 State Championships with the soccer program, and I learned so many great lessons about not only about the subjects in school but life lessons as well. I will truly miss going to Holmdel High school. I will cherish the few months I still have here at Holmdel High school.
Holmdel High School has a rigorous curriculum and brilliant teachers that allow their students to flourish under the right circumstances. There are a wide variety of classes and students are slowly given the opportunity to choose different classes in order to suit their interests. However, there have been increasingly more regulations put into place in this school. These restrictions greatly inhibit the ability of many students to utilize all of their resources in the school environment. For this reason, while the education may be great, the environment in which you are learning certainly requires improvement.
I believe that I received a good education through Holmdel Schools, I have been in this school district since kindergarten and I have enjoyed it. The teachers that I have had vary, not every teacher was outstanding mainly because of teaching styles. One downside is that we have had the same classmates for 12 years, which is good and bad. Our grade is close because we have grown up together, but it does not allow a lot of diversity or opportunity to meet new people in school. Some classes are not as serious or vigorous as others, but that it due to the teachers. As far as college readiness, I feel somewhat prepared for college, I feel like I was not given as much work as I will receive in college. I also feel like we are too sheltered, and should be given more responsibility and independence. By saying this, I mean that the teachers should not always be so lenient because that causes laziness in students and bad working habits that will not be beneficial in college.