Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Holly High School is an above average, public school located in Holly, MI. It has 1,116 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Holly High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B214 Students
- A174 Students
- B+127 Students
- B125 Students
- A+111 Students
- B+95 Students
- C+89 Students
- B82 Students
- B+82 Students
- B-72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 108 responses
- Spirit Week16%
- Sporting events13%
- AP Chemistry Mole Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Holly High School Reviews
Overall, Holly High school is a large, very public, and accepting community of peers and staff. Sports are widely supported and highly advertised, along with important events that advise students and parents to encourage strength in special opportunities. There is an abundance of clubs and after school activities, that shares traditions and cultures of a diversity of beliefs and opinions. Academics are the school's first priorities, along with safety.
Holly High School is a very good school, while focusing on academics and sport opportunities. Holly High School provides many AP classes and honors classes, which are very helpful for the students. Majority of the teachers are nice and qualified for the classes they teach, they are always willing to help students and provide good explanations for any student's question. The administration is very good and is always looking out for the best with their students, they always make safety a priority and keep the students prepared for any situation. Sports at Holly High are very good and many students participate and succeed in the sports provided. The Fine Arts programs also excel and continuously score high in their Festival competitions. Overall, Holly High School is a good school when thinking of the academics and programs, the students may not be as great.
I really enjoyed going to Holly High School. I went to another school for elementary school, but when I moved to Holly everyone was very friendly and welcoming. My transition to a new school was much easier than I had expected. Every teacher I had seemed to enjoy their job and really care about their students, so I knew that if I ever had an issue I had many trusted adults that I could go to if I needed it. The only changes that I would make to the school is some of the extracurricular activities. There are many clubs and programs, so one can always find something that they are interested in; however, some of the coaches who run some of the sports seem to care more about the sport than the athletes. Overall, Holly High School is a very friendly and supportive place.