Hollis-Brookline High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hollis, NH. It has 829 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Hollis-Brookline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-144 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+68 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+40 Students
- A39 Students
- B39 Students
- B-36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Hollis-Brookline High School
- A-Littleton High School
- Littleton Public Schools, MA
- 55 reviews
- ABedford High School
- Bedford School District, NH
- 472 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 247 reviews
- AGroton Dunstable Regional High School
- Groton-Dunstable Regional School District, MA
- 159 reviews
Hollis-Brookline High School Reviews
The vast majority of teachers are well-rounded in their knowledge of their subject and the school has a great environment. The school has a very close knit community feel and news travels fast. There is a very high graduation rate which is because of the teachers who work hard with the students so that they can succeed. After attending this school, nearly everyone feels that they are college-ready. They offer a wide range of classes and clubs, but if they don't have the club you want, make it! It is easier than you think. The two big downsides to this school is the huge lack in diversity and the slight drug problem (but it is known of and is not pressured throughout the school). It is known that the school is the least diverse in the state, which is saying a lot since it is in New Hampshire. The school has great sports teams and a very well-funded and well-loved theater department. So far, Ive had a great time at HB.
Despite Hollis-Brookline's very competitive atmosphere, the connections with the teachers truly makes the school what it is. The majority of the teachers are amazing and genuinely care about their students. They are passionate and eager to teach. However there are also those teachers that don't fall under these categories. It is definitely a difficult and rigorous academic institution should you pursue those harder classes.
Rigorous curriculum, great teachers, and very supportive atmosphere! Lacking in diversity, but so is NH as a whole. Sports facilities are lacking, but new turf field is being built.