Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Hollidaysburg, PA. It has 845 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+138 Students
- A95 Students
- B-70 Students
- A-54 Students
- B-54 Students
- B+43 Students
- C+42 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+29 Students
- B-24 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School
- C+Tussey Mountain High School
- Tussey Mountain School District, PA
- 45 reviews
- B-Bellwood-Antis High School
- Bellwood-Antis School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- BAltoona Area High School
- Altoona Area School District, PA
- 305 reviews
- B-Penn Cambria High School
- Penn Cambria School District, PA
- 63 reviews
Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School Reviews
The academics are great and it has a great atmosphere! All the students are very kind and accepting, so anyone can fit in. There are activities for any interests and sports are not the only focus of the school, so do not worry if you are not into athletics. There is something at Hollidaysburg for everyone!
At HASD, I've encountered my fair share of difficulties and triumphs. I've made friends I could never imagine my life without and I've made memories I'll cherish for a lifetime. From being on homecoming court to the endless heaps of fun in the student section, my social life was very successful. I've always cared about my academics, yet i have my strengths and weaknesses. HASD is heavily invested in STEM, however those subjects were not my strong suit. I was too scared to ask my teachers for help when I struggled because I felt judged for not being like peers. On the contrary, I loved all of my history or English teachers. However, I did have teachers that I was not fond of and they made it apparent to me that the feeling was mutual. There were teachers I dreaded going to their classes because I found they were just as petty as the students and favoritism was very apparent and common.
Academics is better than the surrounding schools. See more parent involvement in sports, clubs and activities. Get students to bond and socialize more through activities and school functions or in school functions.