Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+100 Students
- A67 Students
- B-52 Students
- B-36 Students
- B-36 Students
- A-34 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-23 Students
- A+23 Students
- C+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School
- B-Tussey Mountain High School
- Tussey Mountain School District, PA
- 44 reviews
- B-Bellwood-Antis High School
- Bellwood-Antis School District, PA
- 69 reviews
- BAltoona Area High School
- Altoona Area School District, PA
- 282 reviews
- B-Penn Cambria High School
- Penn Cambria School District, PA
- 53 reviews
Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School Reviews
Review Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School
The are a variety of extracurricular activities to choose from, whether it be music related, sports related, or academically related. Musically, you can be a part of the theater, marching band, various band ensembles (Jazz, Jazz II, Symphonic Wind Ensemble, and Concert Band), orchestras (Chamber Strings and Orchestra), and Fantasia (higher level, audition only choir group). The school has practically every high school available, except for field hockey, gymnastics, and archery. There are no "try outs" for any of the sports, meaning anyone can participate. From Quiz Team to STEM Club to The Hollidaysburg History Club, you can choose a more academically based after school activity. We also have a few community service groups, Eco-Action and Key Club, that go out to make a difference for the place that we live in. Last but not least, we have language clubs for the four languages available in the school district (Spanish, Latin, French, and German). They all participate in some way within the community or the school. German Club is by far the most active, with sponsoring our Winter Formal every year, bringing in exchange students/sending exchange students, and doing fundraisers throughout the year to pay for all of the wonderful things they do. Sports and music related extracurriculars are the most popular in the school.
I love that the school is in such close proximity to where I live. The staff and administration there are great but some could be better. I do, however, do not like the school board/ administration being so lenient is disciplining students. I have heard many stories of kids coming to school drunk, doing drugs in the school bathrooms, and selling drugs. The school has a no tolerance policy, but the students, who do said actions, are not punished as severely as they should be.
In my three years in the Senior High School, I've had a handful of teachers that have gone above and beyond in the classroom, with a variety of teaching techniques, their want to help each and every student succeed, and simply their natural gifts as teachers. The experiences I've had with them are ones I will remember not only for the remainder of my academic career through college, but for the rest of my life. Overall, the teachers in the school are good at what they do. Nearly every single one is extremely knowledgeable about the subjects they teach and remain up-to-date about information surrounding their subjects.