Holland Patent Central High School is an above average, public school located in Holland Patent, NY. It has 473 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Holland Patent Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-35 Students
- C+30 Students
- B15 Students
- B+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- A13 Students
- A-13 Students
- B12 Students
- A12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Holland Patent Central High School
- A-Whitesboro High School
- Whitesboro Central School District, NY
- 128 reviews
- BNew York Mills Junior/Senior High School
- New York Mills Union Free School District, NY
- 13 reviews
- B-West Canada Valley Junior/Senior High School
- West Canada Valley Central School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- BRome Free Academy
- Rome City School District, NY
- 174 reviews
Holland Patent Central High School Reviews
Holland Patent High School creates a tight-knit community, especially during times of tradition, like homecoming. Academically, we've added new programs, such as SUPA for English among many other AP and dual credit classes. A variety of classes are offered in maths, the sciences, social studies, and finance, yet a variety is lacking regarding the language department, where only Spanish and French give credit, as ASL does not. Racial diversity is lacking, as the high school is within a small rural town, which often inspires previously sheltered students to branch out, attending college or traveling to larger, more diverse cities. Teachers at the high school, for the most part, care deeply about the students and want to help them succeed as much as they can. The school hosts some strong sports team. Overall, Holland Patent High School provides a sound academic foundation for college, yet not necessarily a social one.
In my lifetime, I have attended four different schools, each with its own school culture. Whether it be the spirit of the student body or the quality of the cafeteria food, all four schools displayed their own set of individual characteristics that set them apart. The school that stood out to me the most however, was Holland Patent Central High School. In the prime of my awkward teen phase, this school was not only my place of education, but my home. I was given the opportunity to further my education with numerous AP and honors courses through my many knowledgeable teachers. Our wonderful lunch ladies put the stereotypical "disgusting cafeteria food" to shame. The most intriguing thing about the school are the diverse and endless opinions of the student body. Each person wants to make a difference, and that to me speaks in itself. Overall, this school has shaped me into the daring and curious person I am today, and I will carry these traits with me for the rest of my life.
Holland Patent is a wonderful school! It’s very small in size so you will definitely get to know everybody. The teachers a students here are nice and quick to talk to others. The memories I’ve made are priceless.